News:

• April 19, 2024, 09:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ZTW Mantis ESC  (Read 905 times)

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ZTW Mantis ESC
« on: August 04, 2018, 10:57:37 PM »
I just installed a ZTW Mantis Series 35A ESC in my E-Cavalier.  It has a quirk that gave me a fright till I figured out what was going on.  After a test run the Cobra motor did not want to freewheel.  I felt like something had gone wrong with the motor.  I was about to remove the motor and unassailable it to find out what was binding.  I was interrupted and left the shop for a while.  When I came back the motor was OK. It freewheeled as it should.  I inserted an amp meter and did another test run.  Current was normal.  Turned the motor off and it was frozen up again.  I sat around scratching my head and flipping the prop.  The longer I waited the freer the motor became.   To make a long story short The ZTW ESC holds a charge for a long time after you disconnect the battery.  It is acting as an electronic brake.  n~

Outside of this non-problem the ZTW Mantis works well with my KR timer.  I bought the program card, $9.00.  It works great.  One feature of the ZTW Mantus, that I like, it has programmable reverse motor rotation.  I had all of the wires tied up and tucked away when I discovered that the rotation direction was wrong.  Took about a minute to fix.  This feature could also be useful to experiment between tractor and pusher props.  Anyway the ZTW Mantis looks like a good match for the KR Timer.    #^
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:28:21 PM by John Rist »
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline eric rule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: ZTW Mantis ESC
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 09:32:09 PM »
ZTW makes one of the best ESC's in the world. Not surprising as they are one of the largest ESC manufacturers and you see their ESC's under many different brand names. What I particularly like about them is how simple they are to program. The Mantis ESC just needs the LED Program Stick (no computer) and a couple of seconds and you can modify any of the 9 main functions. This simplicity of use when coupled with the low price and makes it very attractive for C/L use. The fact that it meshes well with the KR Governor is a big plus!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here