News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:47:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your electric set up for bislob and can you hover and do the sabredance  (Read 645 times)

Offline Matt Curtis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Hello I have been flying my bi slobelectric for a while now and cannot hover or do the Sabre where you stall it and touch the tail on the ground and flop forward and land and take off. I have mine set up with throttle as opposed to a timer. I had one with a fox  35 and could do it. I assume it is just me. I am flying mine with a e flite 25 motor and a 60 Amp speed control and a 2200 s battery. Prop is 11x5.5 electric . If I use a 10" prop it loses a lot of altitude doing tight loops. The 11" prop works way better as I am flying at 6000' altitude. Throttle  is set to be at 95% I I fly it at full throttle. I am using the transmitter on my belt like a scale model.

Offline Jim Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hi Matt!  Well, I just finished my first attempt at electric Bi-Slobbin'.  I snookered one of my club members into flying the test flight because I wanted to get some video.  Naturally, I screwed up and failed to get my iPhone to record.  Nevertheless, he said it flew great, could use about 1/2 ounce for tip weight (I forgot to build some into it.)  It was rather fast with lap times averaging 5:10 but then the timer and power setting were just as I got them from Brodak.  On the second flight, I flew it with the timer and power settings set to minimums.  This time the flight was a lot slower and it would slowly climb for a hover but it really was a bit too windy for me and I would just peel off back to level flight.  Maybe next week, I'll have my flying buddy try hanging it on the prop.  As for the setup, I'm using a Great Planes Rimfire .25 (42-40-1000kv), a Brodak BH-1860 40amp ESC, a Brodak BH-1869 Timer, and a Brodak BH-1888 14.8v x 2200 li-po battery, spinning an APC 9 x 4.5E propeller.  The weight is 2lb - 3.9 oz w/o battery and 2lb - 11.2 oz ready to fly.  Maybe I'll try an r/c setup one day ... if I ever get the courage :-\

Jim

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here