News:

• April 30, 2024, 11:35:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You are ALL to blame!  (Read 781 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
You are ALL to blame!
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:42:58 AM »
Thanks to you all a lot of electrons that might have spent their lives powering some teenie-boppers cell phone, are now instead going to be living a "stunted" existence.   :o See pix.  This was supposed to be powered by an Enya 35 - just like Jack's.

When we went to Brodak's last year we were hoping to see MIKE PALKO's Electric.  But we also saw LINHEART SMITH's Bearcat and JACK WESTON's Vector.  But before we even saw them JOHN PARIS let me fly the Electric Super Clown, but really that airplane was FRANK CARLISLE's.  Later back here in the Hanger we got into discussions with ALAN, DEAN, RUDY, IGOR, BRUNO, RON, KIM & WILL & ......  (probably left out a bunch)  H^^

Oh, did I mention several LONG phone discussions with BOB HUNT about e-power?  H^^

Next there was Nephew ARCH #3 developing our power system and pronouncing it worthy, a judgement enthusiastically backed by brother ARCH #2.  H^^ CLP** BW@  HH%%

So now I've invested close to a grand$ in E-power stuff and figured I durned well better build something!  :-[  I'll be updating THAT build thread over in the Classic thread, but E-power is actually a VERY good thing for the Swinger on a couple counts:

* THe Swinger wing is mounted ABOVE the thrust line.  With an inverted IC engine the vertical CG is "weigh" off.  With electric it will automatically reduce and might be able to completely overcome the slightly high wing, depending on how high I can mount the battery.

* I-beams are notoriously weak in torsion, swept I-beams worse because the wings will wash out under load such as when winding up in the wind.  However, a govern'd electric should be able to keep the wind-up in check, and should thus keep the over-loading at a minimum.

Just thought you should all know (and thanks for the help!)   010!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Alan Hahn

Re: You are ALL to blame!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:41:18 PM »
Isn't it amazing how those $'s flow out faster than the watts from a high "C" battery into a low wind motor!

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »
Gotcha!
And we're tickled about it.
   Dean
Dean Pappas

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:25:57 PM »
Looking forward to hearing more. Off to the classic forum to read all about it.

Mike

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 05:49:01 AM »
I'd happily take some of that blame.... ;D

Bruno
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here