News:

• April 16, 2024, 03:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XOAR 10 x4E THREE BLADE WOOD PROP & GRAUPNER THREE BLADE 10 X5E COMPOSITE PROP  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
Has anyone used these ?

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant
    • Control Line by Fiorotti
 Yes, I used Gaupner 10x5 with BadAss 2814 1300kV, TP 4S 2200mA on a Vector 40 and Nobbler Top Flite. Show.

In a Hole Shot built by Fred Cesquim.

Fiorotti

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Hi Rogerio :
Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind, I have a few questions:
1) The Graupner prop is drilled 8mm. Did you find a commercially available vendor who makes reducing bushings from 8mm to 5mm ? Of course, one could always locate a machinist .
2) How much battery, percentage wise, do you have in reserve after a full pattern using your 4S 2200mAh?
3) Are you satisfied with the performance as compared to say two blade APC offerings such as their 10x5.8 F2B, 11x 4.5E, and 11x5.5 E

Thanks Again !

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
What is a good source for Graupner 10x5 E or for that matter all Graupner props?
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Correction :
 I believe the bushing should be sized from 8mm prop opening down to the size of the threaded prop shaft. Speaking of threaded shafts, I like the aluminum ones that come with E-Flight motors. They have a 1/4-28 threaded prop shaft and includes a colette that works with a 5MM motor shaft.
Please don't take this as Gospel as I've yet to purchase the Graupner prop.

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
What is a good source for Graupner 10x5 E or for that matter all Graupner props?

Graves RC in Orlando, Fl has only left hand(pusher) 10 x 5 Graupner Props. SKU GRU1333. ($12.90 ) each

They also have 8mm to 6mm reducers which I believe "should" work. SKU GRU197.60(2.60) each

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant
Hi Rogerio :
Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind, I have a few questions:
1) The Graupner prop is drilled 8mm. Did you find a commercially available vendor who makes reducing bushings from 8mm to 5mm ? Of course, one could always locate a machinist .
2) How much battery, percentage wise, do you have in reserve after a full pattern using your 4S 2200mAh?
3) Are you satisfied with the performance as compared to say two blade APC offerings such as their 10x5.8 F2B, 11x 4.5E, and 11x5.5 E

Thanks Again !

Hi Frank,

1) I have a lathe where I make the bushings for the propeller support diameter.
2) Using TP 2200mA 4S battery, the voltage of each cell is approximately 3.75V always remembering using the Graupner.
3) My opinion on active timers works fine with 3-blade propellers, the only comparison I made was with 11x5.5 APC and I prefer Graupner.

Rogerio.

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant
Graves RC in Orlando, Fl has only left hand(pusher) 10 x 5 Graupner Props. SKU GRU1333. ($12.90 ) each

They also have 8mm to 6mm reducers which I believe "should" work. SKU GRU197.60(2.60) each

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184815079679?hash=item2b07d650ff:g:ajAAAOSwSl1gkeJa

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Commander
Those electric props were produced to Graupner by Peter Schulze Kunststofftechnik GmbH in Germany.
They call them SUPER Electro Line. One can find all the assortment here:
https://www.schulze-luftschrauben.de

or possibly buy from lindinger.at:
https://www.lindinger.at/de/Flugzeuge/Flugzeug-Antriebe/Luftschrauben/SUPER-Electro-LIne-3-Blatt-10x5-25x12-5-cm-schwarz-1Stk.-Luftschraube/9766721

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral

Thanks.  Have 2 on order to try.  I currently an flying L hand props.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Teodorico Terry

Hi -

I see that people will generally list the motor, prop, esc and battery combination being used but not the RPM.  For a pitch of 4, in order to get the model up to 50 mph, or so you need to spin the prop at 13K RMP which seems really high to me.  Out of curiosity why RMP are being reached?

Thanks,

Teo

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Hi -

I see that people will generally list the motor, prop, esc and battery combination being used but not the RPM.  For a pitch of 4, in order to get the model up to 50 mph, or so you need to spin the prop at 13K RMP which seems really high to me.  Out of curiosity why RMP are being reached?

Thanks,

Teo
I am running a 5.5 pitch EP @9200 rpm
John Rist
AMA 56277

Teodorico Terry

John,

Thank you for the reply.  At that RPM your pitch speed is in the 47 mph range, by any chance do you know your line length and typical lap times?  Thanks.  I am trying to figure out if I am trying to fly too fast, although my lap times seem to be in the 5.6 sec range on 65ft lines.

Thanks,

Teo
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:01:51 PM by Teodorico Terry »

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
John,

Thank you for the reply.  At that RPM your pitch speed is in the 47 mph range, but any chance do you know your line length and typical lap times?  Thanks.  I am trying to figure out if I am trying to fly too fast, although my lap times seem to be in the 5.6 sec range on 65ft lines.

Thanks,

Teo
62' lines.  Not sure of lap times but I think it is in the 5.? second range.  It seem about right for stunting.  Good line pull and time to think.  Next time I fly I will check it and let you know.
PS 5.5 is the stated pitch.  It's anybody guess what the true pitch is.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant

Teodorico Terry

Thank you John.  I can get an idea of the speed based on the info you provided.

Teo

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Hi Frank,

1) I have a lathe where I make the bushings for the propeller support diameter.
2) Using TP 2200mA 4S battery, the voltage of each cell is approximately 3.75V always remembering using the Graupner.
3) My opinion on active timers works fine with 3-blade propellers, the only comparison I made was with 11x5.5 APC and I prefer Graupner.

Rogerio.
Hi Rogerio :
 Mind I ask what RPM you are spinning with the 10x5 Graupner Prop on your Nobler? I just received mine from Graves RC and while they're impressively light , they're  not as rigid as the  APC line of 10" and 11 " electric props commonly used for electric stunt these days. In fact, the hub is quite narrow- almost multi-rotor like, but the prop( from what Graupner advertises) isn't purposed for multi-rotor. They once had a  tractor variety of this prop, but I no longer can find such for sale.
Thanks
I hope to use it once my new TP 5S 25C 2200mAh are broken in.

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Lieutenant
Hi Rogerio :
 Mind I ask what RPM you are spinning with the 10x5 Graupner Prop on your Nobler? I just received mine from Graves RC and while they're impressively light , they're  not as rigid as the  APC line of 10" and 11 " electric props commonly used for electric stunt these days. In fact, the hub is quite narrow- almost multi-rotor like, but the prop( from what Graupner advertises) isn't purposed for multi-rotor. They once had a  tractor variety of this prop, but I no longer can find such for sale.
Thanks
I hope to use it once my new TP 5S 25C 2200mAh are broken in.

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delay to reply.

With this propeller the RPM is much higher 10900 rpm, so i use 1300kV.

Rogerio Fiorotti

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Thank you.
 I'm spinning mine up to a little over 12K using a Badass 2820/ 780 KV in a 48 ounce Caprice. 
5S 2200 TP battery.
 5.1sec lap time on 59' .014 lines.
time.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here