News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Settings for JETI SPIN ESC?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
What Settings for JETI SPIN ESC?
« on: April 19, 2008, 10:36:12 PM »
Hi Gang,

Is anyone our there using the Jeti Spin ESC yet? If so, what settings do you use?

We tried Heli "3D" mode, but it did not work well (difficult to set PRM level). I don't mind experimenting, but it would be much easier to stand on the shoulders of one who has "been there, done that". ;-)

TIA for your help.

Regards,  H^^
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
Re: What Settings for JETI SPIN ESC?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
Yes, I do also indoor and also outdoor. So far the best I had. If you have yeti box, I do not see any problem, you can adjust speed directly in rpm. I never had problems.

I use setting 1ms-1.5ms off and 1.5ms-2ms constant llet say 10000rpm ... means rpm is not set by timer, but by esc instead.

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 02:22:14 PM »
Hi Igor,

Thanks for your info.

Are you using the 3D Heli mode? Or are you using Heli high mode? Or?

TIA
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
Heli 3d ... may be if you can tell what is the problem, I can help

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 09:12:50 PM »
Hi Egor,

Thanks again. :-) I'm glad to hear the 3D mode works well for you. That tells us the mode is not our problem. The 3D is what we wanted to use for obvious reasons.

My friend is not able to get more than 8600 RPM on an 11 x 6 APC prop. This gives lap times of only 5.3 sec/lap. He would like to get down to 5.0, this would take an RPM of around 9,150 RPM. My guess is that some setting in the Spin ESC is holding back the RPM.

I assume that you are just setting your timer at 100% so you have a full range with the ESC controlling the speed?

I don't have my unit in a plane yet, so I am trying to solve this for a friend a few thousand miles away.  I'll try to get mine in a plane soon so I can try some changes myself.

Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:18:27 AM »
I would say you have to check if prop/motor/battery combination is able to mahe higher RPM, try to use small prop ... just to be able to measure rpm. If it works with such a small prop, but does not with bigger, you need to change something in your combo ... motor with higher rpm/v or more cells in your battery.

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:40:43 AM »
Hi Igor,

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned: This same motor ran fine in this same plane before. The only change made was going to the Jeti Spin ESC (he used the Castle ESC before with no problems).
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 01:54:21 AM »
OK, so try to use airplane mode and try what are maximal rpm with that prop and battery. If it does not make wanted rpm, then you have probably wrong timing (I use 10 degrees). If it makes it, then you have problem in settings of motor parameters in heli mode ... may be nymber of poles or gear ratio ... and if not then you can have still not enough pulse lenghth on timer to ESC settings ... so check if begin and end of power curve in ESC is correct (I have it from 1.5 to 2ms, but correct will be also orriginal 1.2 to 2)

Alan Hahn

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »
Rudy,
I think Igor's right. Put on a small prop and see if in 3d mode it can hit the  target rpm. Maybe (for some reason) you are out of range in the 3D mode (like the high and low governor modes on the CC).

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 01:07:17 PM »
Thanks Igor, and Alan,

We will try your suggestions and report the results here. :-)
Rudy
AMA 1667

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here