News:

• April 30, 2024, 10:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wet setup instantaneous in-flight RPM plots!  (Read 462 times)

Offline Dean Pappas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Wet setup instantaneous in-flight RPM plots!
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
Hi Gang,
All the Eagle-Tree and now CC-ICE dataloggers out there have been giving us instantaneous in-flight RPM with our E-setups.
If you look here:
 http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=14227.0

at the thread entitled Fourier RPM analysis of a Magnum 36 you will see what a decent wet setup does. The RPM measurements were made by analyzing the base note out of the engine sound recorded from the center of the circle.
I'd say that we E-Stunters are already on the right track!
 Way to go, Alan!

Dean P
Dean Pappas

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wet setup instantaneous in-flight RPM plots!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »
I had been planning to use my Eagletree with an optical rpm sensor, but after several inverted poweroff landings with that darn Fox, the data recorder kept getting ripped off the fuse-bending the pins. I had velcroed it to the Skyray canopy area for convenience, since I had forgotten about those good old days of getting a side mounted Fox to behave.

So I backed off using it, and since the sound is working so well---and giving an additional bonus of seeing when the engine goes from 4 stroking to 2 stroking (for those engines setup that way), I haven't put the data recorder back on.

I am planning to post some data I took yesterday with my Nobler with a Brodak 40. This was the Nobler Arf I was flying before I converted another one to electric.

Anyway electric is a lot easier to understand what is going on!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here