Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Users guides for my timers

<< < (8/9) > >>

Igor Burger:
Yes, the problem is respond speed,especially with combination of the initial spin up.

PRO version has deleted not only Heli 3D mode, but all modes and replaced by detailed settings of many parameters, unfortunatelly Heli 3D settings are impossible to reach. Also quicker response is slower than old Heli 3D which did not have any low pass filters. It is bad thing with noisy transfer from transmitter pot to servo lead from receiver, but in case of C/L model it means that ESC can add power with delay, when timer already calls for braking. Result is that it is impossible to find satisfying sensitivity setting. May be if someone who did not try it yet, will not see that it is not OK, but once you reach well tuned active timer settings, difference is clear.

Reason are new features for 2.4 data telemetry, which replaced old functions not used by R/C guys, unfortunatelly we (CL) are not feeding R/C makers, so they do development fpr R/C, not for C/L.

TDM:
My timer has stopped working in 2-4-2 break. I increased the sensitivity setting and nothing happens.
It still keeps the time and target rpm but the rest  kind of disappeared. I tried to  do a calibration flight but it still didn't change a thing.  Is there a good way to perform some kind of check to troubleshoot?

Igor Burger:

--- Quote from: TDM on October 09, 2022, 08:23:23 AM ---My timer has stopped working in 2-4-2 break. I increased the sensitivity setting and nothing happens.
It still keeps the time and target rpm but the rest  kind of disappeared. I tried to  do a calibration flight but it still didn't change a thing.  Is there a good way to perform some kind of check to troubleshoot?

--- End quote ---

Yes, remove prop, set sensitivity to 200 and put it nose up and nose down, you should hear RPM change.

If processor works (can count time) and sensor not, I guess you have broken cable between processor and sensor (if it is old type with yellow connector and red sensor).

Try it and if nothing, write me to my mail, I am not so often here

igor-hexoft <at> netax.sk

TDM:
Here are my findings regarding the loss of 4-2-4 on Igor's timers.
After the incident all the functions returned to normal. During the incident I was flying in very cold conditions (frost on the ground and on the flying lines). So, I am guessing that the accelerometer chip (and all of them have some kind of mechanical components) sopped working because it was running outside the normal operating temperatures.
Igor can you look up the specs of the accelerometer, and see what is the normal operating range of the component and share that with us.
Igor thanks for your help.

Igor Burger:
Used accelerometer itself works from -40 to 100 degrees C, means more than you can stand for normal flight.

If you say you had FROST ON LINES (I will not fly in such conditions) then it means high condensation, so I will believe more in water spoiling something somewhere, I hope you have covered it inside the fuselage out of direct air stream (rain is also not good stuff in the timer). Spin ESCs are covered by some sealing stuff, so they are protected from wetness, but timer has connectors, so it is not. It must be shielded inde fuselage. 

Anyway, it will be good to test it in fridge to see if everything is OK, that accelerometer must work also in such conditions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version