Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

UPDATE v1.1: Low Cost Open Source Timer

<< < (4/4)

RogerGreene:
Thanks, Paul for the news.

Their email was to go to their site and look at the manual for the ESC.
The plane is for a fox 35 so the engine beams must be modified a lot to allow the electric items. (It's almost finished just need to get the electric set-up and make the top and bottom blocks. The plane is just like the one in the little photo with me holding it in the avatar)

I will keep you informed on my progress. I am excited to go electric.

What ohm size resister and wattage.

Thanks,

Roger

CircuitFlyer:
4.7K ohm should do, up to 10K will work.  Wattage, we're talking milliwatts so it doesn't matter.  The resistor is installed between the ground and the output signal wires.  If you want to solder it to the Trinket then I'd suggest a small resistor, 1/8W.  I had a 1/4W resistor on hand and just jammed it in the backside of the ESC servo connector.  Whatever works for you.

The output pins on the Trinket are "floating" at a high voltage logic level for the first three seconds after connecting the battery, during the board boot up process.  After the board boots up it outputs the correct PWM signal for the ESC.  The resistor "pulls down" the output pin to ground level during the boot process which makes the ESC happier.  The resistor has little effect on the operation of the timer.

RogerGreene:
Hi Paul,

The RC Electric Parts 80A ESC would not work even with the resistor, 10-Kohm from Radio Shack, (from a long time ago) wired. My son gave me an E-Flite 60A Pro SB and that worked, so we traded, he flyes RC. My plane is not finished, I need to make balsa coverings for the top and bottom of the nose of the plane and secure the battery and ESC. Then spray the bare wood with polyurethane because this is a test airplane for my adventure into electric power.

In the programing procedure:

The flashing for Start Delay and Flight Time is continuous until you remove your finger from the Capacitive Touch Pin, Correct? Counting each flash to the desired amount of flashing for each discipline.

Thanks,

Roger

The resistor is brown, black, orange, with gold

CircuitFlyer:
Roger,

Your programming procedure is correct and your resistor is the right size.

As I get feedback from from other users I have made some more tweeks to the code.  When I get some time to sit down and refresh my Github knowledge I'll be posting my latest version to fix some minor issues.  One of these is the minimum throttle signal.  I found in some cases it's a little too low.

Welcome to the dark side.

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version