News:

• May 12, 2024, 08:47:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Turnigy nano batteries  (Read 441 times)

Offline John Witt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Turnigy nano batteries
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:03:33 AM »
I need to buy new packs, as this last weekend demonstrated that mine are nearing the end of the line (well over 100 cycles).

Has anyone got experience with the Turnigy Nano battery?  Hobby King has them listed for not much more than the one I've been using and claims twice the cycle life as well as a higher recharge rate (5C!).

Supposedly there is an improved chemistry that lowers the resistance and makes for greater charge mobility.

The 2650 4S that I was using is $25 each and the equivalent Nano is $28. The Nano is 10 grams lighter, but is about 10mm longer which will take some internal whittling to fit in. If the Nano really doubles the cycles, it's a no-brainer.

John Witt
John Witt
AMA 19892
Edmonds, WA
"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Turnigy nano batteries
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:35 PM »
John,
I've noticed those myself and have been wondering the same thing. There is a thread over on RC Groups http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264578  on those batteries. They have only been out a short time so info is still limited. My feeling (and I may be wrong) is that they should be  better than the standard Hobby City batteries of which I have had very mixed results with. You could always gamble and split your order then run side by side comparisons with all new batteries. I plan on using Hyperion G3 in my number 1 ship next year but will definitely be considering these for any other ships I or my son plan on flying.
William
AMA 98010

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here