News:

• May 01, 2024, 01:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TRAINER RE-VISITED  (Read 681 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
TRAINER RE-VISITED
« on: July 21, 2007, 08:24:09 PM »
         Yes, it is me again! I started this project a long time ago and even shared some info with BUZZ FLIGHT in England. The project is to make a low cost trainer that clubs like the Boys & Girls Club of America and the Boy Scouts can use to teach control line flying to kids. Prototype I first flight was today. The first several attempts were with a prop that did not furnish enough power. Changed prop and flying location to a asphalt driveway with obstacles close to the flight path  n1. You may be reading ahead here. I achieved liftoff into a rose bush twice, the third try was a success. Clear the rose bush and its back up a second rose bush, made a lap and started a second lap, then a steel pole that had been 12" outside of the circle moved in and caught the center of the plane. The pilot left the plane and flew another 8 feet....to bad no parachute.  D>K
         I have made Prototype II. It is a profile and much lighter with an airfoil in the wing...test two tomorrow. If success follows I may have a kit available by October  %^@ .

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here