News:

• April 16, 2024, 04:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TP 610C charger with TP 5S 1350mah pack - getting error massage  (Read 735 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
TP 610C charger with TP 5S 1350mah pack - getting error massage
« on: January 04, 2021, 09:51:35 AM »
Guys,
I just set up a new TP 5S  1350mah pack for my Electric S1 Ringmaster. This pack save almost 2oz over the 4S I was going to use. I set up the ESC and wanted to get the pack on charge to do some ground tests and then fly it. I have a TP 610C charger that I reset for the 5S pack.

First thing I noticed was that the balancer connector is not the same as my other Thunder Power packs, it is like the one on the Compact Zippy packs. I inserted the balancer plug into the alternate 5S connector on the balancer board then connected the main power plug (checking that I had the correct polarity). Then activated the charger set for 2 amp charge rate and 5S cell count. The charger started it's cycle then started beeping and gave the error message "Wrong polarity or cell count". I know both were correct.

I have had this happen on a Zippy pack and it is caused by one of the balancer pins not making good connection. I would wiggle the plug and push it down and after a couple shots it would connect and charge the battery. Since this is a new in the package pack from TP I was surprised that it had this issue. I tried the wiggle and push routine but it didn't work. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Is there a different balancer board for the new TP packs with these type of connectors?

Best,    DennisT

Rick_Huff

Re: TP 610C charger with TP 5S 1350mah pack - getting error massage
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 11:53:00 AM »
Dennis,
I use a tp 610 charger with a TP610C-BL2 (ver 1.34) balance board to charge TP 5s 1350mah batteries.  Haven't had the problem your describing.

Rick

Online William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 05:04:27 PM »
Hi Dennis,
  Thunderpower changed their balance connectors about 5 years ago(maybe more) to the more common jst/xh type connectors. At this point anything with the original style connectors has to be pretty old. Did you use a cell checker to make sure you don't have a bad cell. Can you try a different balance board just so see if its a board issue. I'm not familiar with your charger but make sure the settings are right. You can also unplug your board from the charger and use the cell checker there to also rule out a board issue. Good luck, let us know how things turn out.
AMA 98010

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »
Will,
I call Thunder Power and they said the same thing about the change over for balancer connectors. I tried a second charger and got the same message. I did a voltage check and it would not register on my watt meter. Thunder Power has decided that they would replace the pack. It seems there may be either a dead cell. I have a second pack and it charged with no problem from the same charger.

Best,   DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here