Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timers  (Read 593 times)

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Timers
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »
I'm putting together a baby clown, Has anyone used the e-flight timer and how does compare with the one from brodak.

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: Timers
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »
Cannot comment on those timers but I do recommend that you get on of Will Hubin's timers. Email him with your specs and he will recommend a suitable timer. They run from around ten to twenty bucks and are super easy to adjust for delay/duration/RPM.

whubin@kent.edu

John
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »
Hi Steve:
First the standard boilerplate:  I developed the systems for Brodak, here are the differences in the Brodak timers:

* The Brodak 1/2A timer  (#BH-1868) is a Hubin FM-0e.  It is the simplest timer out there; running at 100% throttle (non adjustable) for 3 minutes (also non adjustable).  This was done for simplicity sake and to as close as possible duplicate the best performance you would ever get out of a reed valve or similar .049.

* The Brodak Sport Series Timer (#BH-1869) is a Hubin FM-0c and is adjustable for flight time (1:45 to 6:00) and the RPM is adjustable for a range of roughly 60% to 88% of max.  Why 88%? because the timer also at reagular intervals ADDS to the throttle setting to compensate for the battery wearing down.

* The E-flight timer has be re-set for flight time (in 1 minute steps) every flight.  Depending on the ESC you use you may also have to re-set the RPM every flight.

Baby Clowns are fun - keep us up with your progress!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:16:59 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:22:42 PM »
Steve,
I have used the eflite timers. I have several planes in the Baby Clown class and use the eflite timers on them.
They do not have the options of the more costly units. For a 1/2A size plane I think they would be fine. 

John

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here