News:

• April 18, 2024, 10:04:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer Comparison  (Read 549 times)

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Timer Comparison
« on: December 19, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
I just did a search on Timer Comparisons and found a wealth of information that is about 5-10 years old.  It is winter and my 2020 ship is entering the finishing stages.  I was about to order another Castle 50 and FM-9 timer when it struck me that I have been on electric now for almost 2 years and I probably should be moving up to an active, or at least more robust timer/ESC combination.   It was Tom Morris's listing of the Fioretti on SH Hobby (that I had never heard of) that rang the "you better check this out" bell.

Is there a list or comparison anywhere I can read?  I am not looking to go directly from an F-9 to Igor's system.  What I am looking for is something functionally in between or simply better.  I have had an FM-9 fail in flight just as I was about to start the second loop of the clover - not good for building confidence.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Rogerio Fiorotti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
    • Control Line by Fiorotti
Re: Timer Comparison
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 01:06:40 PM »
Hi Ken,

For six years I have been developing active CLTimer system up to the current v6 version using accelerometer to measure acceleration and inclination of the model by adjusting Motor RPM for best flight performance.

With excellent feedback from Fred Underwood I developed an algorithm making it a reliable and functional system where the pilot concentrates 100% on maneuvers.

Currently the CLtimer is capable of controlling two ESCs with differential adjustments for contra or bi-motor system and landing gear, having a blue LED visible even to the sun that indicates start and end of flight.

The system uses the JetiBox programming box for adjustments at a reasonable price.

More information at cltimer.com

Rogerio.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here