News:

• May 01, 2024, 02:16:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Survey (National Champions using electric?)  (Read 986 times)

Offline NED-088

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Heartstrings
Survey (National Champions using electric?)
« on: September 25, 2007, 09:29:02 AM »
Can anybody tell me, if there has been a National Champion F2B or Precision Aerobatics in any country in the world that has used an electric motor to win the title?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:27:54 AM by NED-088 »
'If you think there's something about my English, you're right. I'm Dutch... '
But I DO play Stunt and I DO fly Bluegrass.

Online Igor Burger

• Admiral
Re: Survey
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »
If you count also local events (simplified stunt) then national champion in czech is r/c flyer with electric powered model made from converted r/c foam model. (he fly one year and won with 20+ years flying contestants)   VD~

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »
As far as I know there has not been a National champion using electric yet. Local contests (Expert) have been won using electric. Electric has made the top five at the Nationals in more than one county and it has also made the F2B team in more than one country.

In the RC world electric has won a lot more! I believe the past three years electric has won the F3A pattern Nationals. Dean would know for sure.

Mike   

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »
So I must be the first, for I'm the Dutch F2B Champion 2007. #^

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 01:54:43 PM »
Well Ned, congrats on that for sure,,  glad to see electrics progressing, I think the technology is impressive especially after watching Paul Walker fly his Impact this year,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Online Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »
Great Bruno, looks like I am electric champion at least on our street.  %^@

BTW that leads me to ask what is with Henk?

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »
So I must be the first, for I'm the Dutch F2B Champion 2007. #^

Bravo, Bruno!
Erik must be pleased.

Dean P.
Dean Pappas

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:47:13 PM »
Congrats Bruno! Is this the same ship we have seen before or is it something new?

Mike

Offline NED-088

• Commander
    • Heartstrings
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »
Thanks everyone!
Feel a bit embarrased about tooting my own horn (I'm more comfortable in picking the living daylights out of my 5-string banjo... ;D) but I felt I had to let you know.
Yes it was the same Blue Pearl Electric I flew at the Worlds in Spain last year. But now it has the MGM controller that Igor got me and a 12,5 x 6 Graupner CAM prop. This set-up would have taken me through the bumps in Bitterfeld too...
I'm using about 2780 mAh for a 5m40 run now, well more than the ~2600 before.
Erik (Janssen) and I are bound to do some testing still, but this setup seems to work OK.

The new model is more or less a Juno (NO swept trailing edge) disguised a bit like a KA-10, wings and stab/elev are ready, I'm working on the fuse now. It's going to be a bit lighter and smaller than the Blue Pearl, so I have some power to spare... And it will be in that dreaded shade of turquoise again....VD~

Henk still suffers from the torn achilles tendon that sent him home early from the Eurochamps. He just didn't make it for our Dutch Nats, but he's well on the mend. We hope to go out flying again together within a few weeks from now. Of course I'm out there to improve enough to keep the title in 2008, but we'll see.

By the way, in my third flight I suffered the same fate as on my first on the WCh 2004, the tail lifted and the prop was ground back to 12" dia. From the CAM tipshape I was left with a bit ragged square tips. Lost some line tension, but not as much as I dreaded and after some careful estimating the situation, managed to make it through the schedule. After landing I found it also time to replace the bearings on this motor. The new model will shurely have a different mounting with an extra bearing taking the precession force.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:35:14 AM by NED-088 »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here