News:

• May 22, 2024, 12:12:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stuck at 9200 RPM with a week to learn the pattern.  (Read 13177 times)

Offline Keith Renecle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Stuck at 9200 RPM with a week to learn the pattern.
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
Hi Dave,

O.K. thanks. Please let me know what version of the timer you guys have and then I can back-track and see where things went wrong. The latest version with the LED on the pc board has the correct info. If one of you guys drops me an e-mail to krenecle<at>netactive.co.za then I can send you the updated instructions. Sorry for the hassles, and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I fixed the section on my website but could not get the manuals to link. We had a robbery two weeks ago and my desktop pc was stolen and I'm just waiting to replace it then I can get the web software up and running. My laptop does not have the right software right now. Thanks.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Dave Denison

• Commander
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
Hi All.

Here are the results of the latest test, using  Keith's "corrected" instructions.   YES...the system functions correctly in all aspects.  Thanks to everyone for their ideas and inputs.

Keith:
 The instruction sheet that both Doug and I have been using came in the package with the Timer Unit, NOT Downloaded !.  Both of these were purchased from RSM at the same time( last month). This may indicate, that RSM's inventory may have the incorrect instruction's.

Thanks for you time.

Dave.
Regards
Dave

ama 41041

Offline Doug Knoyle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
O.K. now I see the problem. I did not update my website text  HB~> You downloaded the instructions from my site...
Nope. Neither Dave nor I downloaded from your site. We have what came with the KR2 from RSM.

No worries, but wo uk ld like a copy of the current doc asap.

Cheers,
Doug
AMA 60591

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
What I don't understand is how you were stoping the motor after you set the RPM.  Pressing S1 is how you stop the motor and set the RPM.  I can't believe I didn't pick up on this, I am very sorry.  I was focused on turning off the governor in the ESC that I didn't look at the basics.  Hope everything works well for you. 
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Dave Denison

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 05:32:38 PM »
Andrew.

Thanks for your thoughts on this issue. One of the things that made this "hard to fix", is the fact that on Doug's and my instruction sheet it says to " disconnect the battery after making changes"......Yes, in hindsite, the move to push "S1" makes perfect sense.  I'll bet Eric has a few of the Timers in stock with the confusing and incomplete instructions.

Again thank you.

Dave.
 ama 41041
Regards
Dave

ama 41041

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »
Dave
In no way am I placing any blame on you or Doug.  I am really mad at myself, I am suppose to know how this system works and I didn't catch it. One thing I will make certain in the future is to review any documentation Eric posts on his web site.  Anyway, as the Bard once said "All's well that ends well."  Now if I can just finish up the Continental and get it flying like I hope. 

Good luck guys, and please feel free to contact me by email or phone if I can be of any help with the KR timer.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
Doug/Dave - just blame it on Andy..!   mw~   VD~   >:D   ;D   010!

All teasing aside, Andy helped me through my first set-up of the KR system and all but held my hand - from 2500 miles away - as I got it installed & programmed.  My system came out working great right out of the box - did not even have to reset the RPM.  All I re-programmed was flight duration from 1:00 test hops to 5:30 full flights.  Install #2 is now RTF.

I am really glad you were able to get it sorted out so quickly... 
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
You guys can blame it on me for not updating Eric properly. Humble apologies. I tend to get lost in the bits and bytes. Thanks to Doug for posting this because it brought this to my attention. Let us know how things work out now.

Keith R
Keith R

Offline Dave Denison

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
HI.

Just returned home from the Northwest Contest in Eugene....super event!!, LOTS of electrics.

Very happy to report both our systems are functioning perfectly. We are now looking forward to Trimming out both planes. A big thank you to everyone for their great input on this issue.

Dave.
ama 41041
Regards
Dave

ama 41041

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here