News:

• April 30, 2024, 04:29:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stoopid Battery Trick  (Read 430 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stoopid Battery Trick
« on: September 06, 2009, 05:58:02 PM »
Last week we flew the Baby Clowns, 1 in particular on a 3S pack - it really scoots!  Anyhow, I just discovered today, EIGHT DAYS later That I never unplugged the battery!  HB~>  HB~>  HB~>  HB~>  HB~>

Slipped the pack into a Lipo sack for all the subsequent activity noted as follows.  Checked for voltage, there wasn't any.  Tried charging through the Triton and Equinox - got a "no battery" error.  Then tried charging directly through the power plug at a minimum charge rate.  it started to respond so I left it alone, came back in 5 mintes and it errored out for low battery voltage.   HB~>   HB~>

Switched to one of the parallel chargers, the ones where it charges through the balance plug and charges all the cells to the same level independently.  Cell 3 registered, Cells 1 and 2 did not.  after a couple minutes cell 2 regustered, so I went away for awhile.  20 minutes later still no cell 1.  Plugged in the volt meter - still would not even display, I think cell 1 is a completly blocking it out.  HB~>   HB~>  HB~>

Have thus resigned myself to admitting I pulled a really stupid antic on this pack, and shall shed a tear for its avoidable demise.   :'(  :X  HB~>

Sheesz, I was reallly feeling full of myself too..!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stoopid Battery Trick
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
That's one thing I like about the Castle Creation ESC's. It has an "OF" beep every 20-30 s that it puts out if the throttle is at 0 but the battery is still plugged in  n1  (basically the ESC is left on). It has saved this "OF" a** a few times!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here