News:

• May 04, 2024, 04:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Software problems  (Read 942 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Software problems
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:10:24 AM »
I purchased a new Castles creations ESC but cannot get the download to work So I can program IT. I hooked up the esc and dowloaded it but the computer will not recognise the ESC. Whjat do I do? I am becoming a fustrated old man here. HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> >:(

Alan Hahn

Re: Software problems
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
Leo,
Just to establish where we are here:
1) I assume you have a CC Phoenix 35 or 45 or?
2) You have purchased the Castle Link software
3) You can launch the Castle Link software.

When you plug in your ESC to the cable, nothing happens? Or does the computer complain?

What version of Window's are you running?

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
Leo,
Just to establish where we are here:
1) I assume you have a CC Phoenix 35 or 45 or?
2) You have purchased the Castle Link software
3) You can launch the Castle Link software.

When you plug in your ESC to the cable, nothing happens? Or does the computer complain?

What version of Window's are you running?
This is a Phonix 60 and the computer is windows XP home edition. I have downloaded the software but cannot make connection to the software link.

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
Leo,
I run XP Home at home on a Mac (using VMware) and I can connect to my ESC so there is hope!

At one time, I did have an issue on an actual Window's PC running XP. It turns out that for some reason my USB ports themselves on the PC were disabled, and so XP complained that it couldn't find the driver. It took me a while to figure out what wasn't working. In that case I was able to reenable the ports. But I assume you can use your USB ports for other things, like a printer or that you can download a digital camera using a USB cable. This just means the USB port is alive and functional.

So you can start the CastleLink program.I assume that if you plug only the cable in that has the little PC board on it, that much is ok. But if you plug in the ESC, the light (at the bottom of the CastleLink window) doesn't go green. Is that more or less correct? I assume a real led is flashing in the ESC itself when it is plugged in.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
My PC says it can not connect to data base as soon as I try to enter the program. The little circuit board that plugs into the usb cable shows a red and white lite. The ESC shows a red light. HB~>

Alan Hahn

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 08:36:43 PM »
I'm a little stumped. At this stage it wouldn't hurt to actually call up Castle Creations and tell them what you are seeing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:54:08 PM by Alan Hahn »

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »
Hi Leo,
   Contacting CC is a good idea. I had trouble connecting once and for one reason or another I decided to reinstall the C-Link. Whatever it was it fixed the problem. Also, if you have a switch in the ESC circuit, be sure it is turned on.

Mike

Offline 11290

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »
Try posting your question over at the CC area of RCGroups or look there in the sticky on software install issues.  Might find an answer in the sticky's over there.  Lot of CC info in that forum group

http://www.rcgroups.com/castle-creations-168/
Evansville, IN & Orlando, FL

Alan Hahn

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 08:05:28 AM »
Try posting your question over at the CC area of RCGroups or look there in the sticky on software install issues.  Might find an answer in the sticky's over there.  Lot of CC info in that forum group

http://www.rcgroups.com/castle-creations-168/

I was going to suggest that but the main thread on the 3.x installation was turning into a pissing thread (I read the whole thing). In the meantime the CC folks say to just call them up and they will walk you through.

Don't give up hope, I think 99% of everyone gets it installed ok. It is probably just something minor.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
 n~thanks guy's. I took it over to the hobby shop and had them program it. Problem solved for now. It could be that the old software would not work. I will call them and see if I can get the new software. Thanks again. HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here