News:

• April 26, 2024, 06:46:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Slow Balancing?  (Read 616 times)

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
Slow Balancing?
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:54:12 AM »
Forgive me for being stupid, but this E stuff is all new. I purchased a box of E-stuff from an estate sale and am trying things out. Included is a ElectriFly Triton EQ charger; no instructions. I hooked up a Zippy 20C 5000 LiPo battery (my brother gave me 4 of them, all good) and everything worked and I got all 4 charged. Now, a month later I plug in a battery an it goes into a "slow balance" mode and never comes out. I kept checking the battery and leaving it on the charger until I forgot about it. The next morning it was still "slow balancing". What am I / did I do wrong? Or is something dying? I get the "slow balancing" with every battery now, none of them seem to actually charge.

Would anyone have the instructions for this charger? If so, could you scan/email it to me?

Thanks,

Brian

Update: Well problem solved. After hitting the "start" button and going through the battery setup procedure I was waiting for something to happen besides the "slow balancing". Turns out I had to press and HOLD the start button again for that to happen. Oh well, hopefully I'll learn.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:42:04 PM by Brian Massey »
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
Re: Slow Balancing?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »
I don't have that charger, but found this

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gpm/gpmm3156-manual.pdf

Slow balancing on page 11.  Hope it helps, and I hope that you didn't leave them fully charged as that isn't good for the batteries.
Fred

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
Re: Slow Balancing?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
Thanks; downloading and printing. we'll see what's up.

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here