News:

• May 01, 2024, 07:28:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple and inexpensive CL timer pulse width measurement tool  (Read 825 times)

Offline walterbro

• walter brownell
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Hi Gang- This may not be news to several of you. I have been setting up my JMP &
Zigras timers with a servo board designed by Will Moore. It works fine but I did not
know what my pulse width output was. Today I found that the JETI SPIN box reads
out a direct pulse width with a very simple set -up. The unit sells for $39.90 you do not need a Jeti spin ESC.You do need a 4.8-6v battery with a connector that will
mate with the SPIN BOX(JR I think).If you don't have a 4.8v battery, you can use an
ESC with flight battery; you plug that into white/gray port (note polarity).You connect
the Timer output to the blue port before you connect or switch on ESC .The screen will read "Impulse Detection" and will show the initial timer output which would be"off"
on a JMP timer (1.018ms):Then press the start button on the JMP timer and it will display the peak max. power : then it will display the run up speed setting for the time
set (probably 1.021ms for 30 seconds),Then it displays the first flight speed.
(Example: 1.280ms).If you have a second flight speed it will display that in real time.

This is like a Digital JMP servo board and you can calibrate your board with pulse width if you chose to. For the Zigras timers it will start to display the pulse width as it starts to ramps up to first flight speed. It will continue to show pulse width increase during the voltage compensation period(if used).   

I know many of you allready have a way to measure output pulse width,But
this instrument is really friendly to use and will should work on almost any CL Timer.

Walt Brownell

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here