News:

• May 21, 2024, 01:19:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RTF Pull-apart electric models?  (Read 601 times)

Offline Russell Bond

• Bandolero
  • AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
RTF Pull-apart electric models?
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:05:11 PM »
Now that I have converted to electric, I've sold ALL of my glow models.
There were two PA75 powered 60" stunters and a new (unflown) Yatsenko Classic. (They've all gone!)  #^

Now, what I would like to know is;
Does anybody make an RTF pull-apart electric competition stunt model like the Yatsenko?
Or is it too early yet for that to happen?  ???

I leave tomorrow for our Australian Nationals. There will be at least three electrics there.
Bandolero

Offline Rudy Taube

• Ret Flyboy
  • 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: RTF Pull-apart electric models?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »
Hi Russel,

I have done the same with all my wet CL engines, for CLPA and Combat. I even disposed of all my RC glow engines several years ago.

Like you, I would love to have a good ECL ARF/ARC available. In our CLPA size planes in the ERC world you can get a FANTASTIC electric ARF with CF, take-apart, light weight, and most of the time with a plug and play electric power system made to drop right in to the plane and order the power system with the plane and be in the air the next day! These ERC planes cost around $260. Here is an example of what I mean:    http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/58extra.html

I have one of these in ERC and dream of the day when I can buy one for E-CLPA, with a CLPA wing, BC, etc., ..... and then be able to fly it in the USA penalty free! :-)

NOW TO YOUR QUESTION:

I don't want to scoop my own little electric column in PAMPA SN, but the answer to your ? is YES. :-)

This one is at the high end of ARC/ARF CLPA planes, but REALLY nice! ;-)

I have a good friend who worked with the Yatsenko Brothers to develop a beautiful E powered Shark. His Electric shark looks very nice, and it fits into the standard custom wood briefcase. I gave a brief intro in this coming issue, but a few SN issues from now we will see a complete report on his awesome E plane. My friend is an artist with his paint gun, the plane is in his "deluxe" paint shop as we speak. If this paint job looks as good as his past masterpieces then we are all going to see another beautiful ECL plane added to the beautiful ECL planes from Phill, Bob and Paul. ...... more details and photos to follow in future SN issues.  ;)

Regards,  H^^
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:02:32 PM by Rudy Taube »
Rudy
AMA 1667

Offline Russell Bond

• Bandolero
  • AMA Member
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »
Thanks Rudy, Can't wait to hear how it goes.   #^
Bandolero

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 06:34:36 AM »
Actually I had heard that Yatshenko was working on a new ECL... was that a bad rumor?
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline jose modesto

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »
Dennis no rumor. the model was shipped to user (USA) but damaged in transit and is being repaired. All e items shipped to Yatzenkos and new E Shark was built.
From the models owners  Yatzenkos comment 'model does Not fly anybetter than than Gas Shark.' My interpretation is that it flys great as the gas model is a very good plane two Nat's and a Third at this years World champs.
I own a couple of Sharks and in process of producing new front fuse molds to convert Gas models to E power.
one experiment i cant wait for is flying models one flight with gas fuse and next with Epower same plane and same CG. that is a great comparison between power systems.
Shark Model fuse breaks apart about 2" back of wing leading edge new fuse will bolt on at this point and be identical in shape to current model.
Jose Modesto.
PS Russel you could have kept  Yatzenko model and have an ARF model by purchasing the fuse take apart system and create a new fuse (Front End) Not difficult as you have the former as a guide.

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 11:29:23 PM »
Dorin was doing one - but not sure where he got up to...I am still waiting for him to finish it so I can buy one
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here