News:

• May 26, 2024, 06:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ringmaster Trainer II E  (Read 444 times)

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
Ringmaster Trainer II E
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:33:18 PM »
This is a 42” wingspan 381 square inch electric powered primary trainer. The airplane has a 3/8 thick balsa sheet wing. The wing and tailfeathers are attached to the airplane with rubber bands. The airplane is designed for the RSM25SYS power system from RSM Distribution. The systems come pre tested and set-up for flip the switch and fly. The system uses a 35-36 outrunner. A larger airplane is much easier to fly than a 1/2A size airplane. The airplanes have CAD plans with full size templates of all the parts.
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Ringmaster Trainer II E
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
I like it.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
Re: Ringmaster Trainer II E
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:44:29 PM »
Thanks, Doc. This one should be no harder to build and take about as much time to build as a sheet wing 1/2A airplane. This airplane should be about the easiest way to learn C/L flying there is. In the spring when I can play with it I will find out where to put the battery and how slow it can fly and remain a stable platform to train people. By moving the battery fore and aft the CG can easily be moved. With a forward CG the airplane should be very stable, possibly so stable that it will not loop. As a flyer gains skill the CG can be moved aft to increase the turning ability. I would think the airplane could be adjustable to take a pilot from first flight to loops, lazy eights, and inverted. From there they can graduate to a more conventional airplane. I taught several people to fly with my old S1, I hope many more can learn using the Ringmaster Trainer II E or the fuel powered Ringmaster Trainer II.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here