News:

• April 18, 2024, 10:16:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: REvolutions  (Read 33410 times)

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: REvolutions
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2020, 07:47:07 AM »
You did great!!!!! Nice job! Great flying plane. Thanks for the flight.
AMA 98010

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »
I almost forgot to add my Congratulations!

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2020, 11:46:49 AM »
Congratulation on you performance at the Nats.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2020, 07:50:32 PM »
Thanks gentleman for the encouragement. Next year goal is top 20 in open. I want to fly Friday. Open AKA bowl of angry hungry sharks.

Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2020, 07:27:39 AM »
Thanks gentleman for the encouragement. Next year goal is top 20 in open. I want to fly Friday. Open AKA bowl of angry hungry sharks.

TDM,

Way to go! I'm "Thunderstruck!"

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2020, 10:44:40 AM »
Every time I fly this bird I fall in love with it over and over again. Yesterday it was a very nice day outside so I went out to put in some flights. Only if I could fly to it's potential that would be great indeed.
So it started with the insides a little loose on the lines so I tweaked the flaps and after that it was all fun. I am glad that i have made a video of the flights because I can see some bugs in my flying which will give me something to do in the next sessions. I need some work on the wing over in particular the second pass and the vertical eight, the rest looked pretty decent.

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »
TDM,
 Congratulation on winning the Advance Trophy, great job.  There is a funny story that goes with that trophy.  At that point in time, there was not a Perpetual Trophy for winning Advance at the Nat’s.  When John Davis approached me after he won Advance and said we should put up the funds for a Trophy and donate this to AMA to be award it to the Nat’s Advance winner every year.  I ordered the Trophy and spent many long evenings talking to John about it, so we decided to include all the previous winner on the Trophy (and have their names listed).  John and myself were homered to do so, just a little way to pay it forward for such a fine event.

Mike Pratt

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2022, 05:15:08 AM »
So I am back from the worlds competition n Poland. Revolutions has received great reviews from just about everyone there. Some have even flown the model after the competition was over, I might add with a big smile on their faces. The common denominator comment was "amazing". First they took notice of the carbon outer skin, then they look at the take apart features, after that when I showed them the control system their jaws dropped. Lastly i took a wing and the nose from the spare model and fitted it to the main model and demonstrated interchangeable parts at which point their mind just blew up.   
I ended up mid pack with some very dubious low scores from some judges, and some of my scores were quite up there with the best of them.
But honestly I wasn't well prepared for this kind of level of competition. The model only had maybe 30 flight on it when I started to compete with it and I was constantly getting used to new setups as I was remedying thing I didn't like about it (mainly uneven turn which was a handle adjustment issue). This is an issue that I am still working on.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2022, 05:49:55 AM »
Truely next level technology.

Motorman 8)

Advertise Here

Advertise Here