News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What the better electric setup for a Ares?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Rafaela Hellena da Silva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
What the better electric setup for a Ares?
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:01:22 AM »
Hello,

My husband was building a Ares for me. I thought about using an OS 40 FP, but now and think about using a E Flite 15. Can anyone help me because I do not know if it's a good engine for that model.

And also what ESC / Battery, is better for this.

Thank you   :)

Rafaela

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: What the better electric setup for a Ares?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:10:13 AM »
Hi Rafaela:

I would very much recommend the E-Flite 15 motor paired with a 2,500 mAh 4S Hyperion battery (Hyperion batteries are available from allerc.com). I'd also recommend a Castle Creations Edge Lite 50 ESC and a Hubin FM-9 timer system (You'll also need the programming box from Will Hubin).

I have been using this exact system in my Gene Schaffer-designed Stunt Machine I (also known as the "Oosa-Amma" - long story...), and have found it to be flawless over a long period of time and a lot of flights. You might be able to get away with a 35 Amp ESC in the Ares, as it is a smaller plane than the Stunt Machine I. Castle Creations has a 35 Amp ESC that they call the Talon 35.

I'd pair this with an APC 10 x 5.8 EP prop. You might also try an APC 11 x 5.5 EP prop, but the Ares has very little ground clearance even with the 10-inch prop. We've tried both props on smaller ships like the Ares, and have found the 10-inch prop to be the best choice.

Hope this helps - Bob Hunt     

Offline Rafaela Hellena da Silva

• New Pilot
Re: What the better electric setup for a Ares?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »
Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for your attention. Your information for me will be very important!  ;D
I have a friend in Orlando and he will buy for me so.

Thank you

Rafaela

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here