News:

• April 18, 2024, 04:12:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replacement for Sears Craftsman 400A AC/DC Clamp type meter 82369  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Guys,
My 10 year old Sears Craftsman 400A AC/DC Clamp type meter 82369 gave up the ghost. Seems this is no longer available so I wondering it anyone has a reasonably priced replacement?

I tried Harbor Fright but the meters they had were only AC current does not measure DC current.

Best,   DennisT
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:36:42 PM by Dennis Toth »

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Replacement for Sears Craftsmen 400A AC/DC Clamp type meter 82369
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 02:10:23 PM »
I don't know if you'll like the prices, but MSC Direct generally has good stuff, and it looks like they have lots of meters.  (Note: I have not bought electronics from them -- just bits & pieces for machining).

And even though it lost the "new slogan" contest at Fluke Instruments 25 years ago -- if it works, it's a Fluke.  My Fluke 77 multimeter is still my day-to-day meter; I bought it in 1982 or something like that when I started sophomore electronics engineering classes at Portland State University.

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Lighting-Electrical/Clamp-Meters?searchterm=current+meter&navid=4287588682
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Replacement for Sears Craftsman 400A AC/DC Clamp type meter 82369
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »
I looked around the net and there are several inexpensive DC Clamp meters but they are all shipping from China and will take 3-4 weeks. Luckily, I had purchased a G.T. Power Watt Meter a while back but never opened it, I was actually able to find it in the shop. I think I can get this wired and working today and then might get one of the cheap ones just to have although I'm not sure if I need it since I have the Watt meter. One thing I like about the clamp on meters is the HOLD feature. This allows you to freeze the amp reading on the screen but for getting a quick idea of how much a particular motor/prop set up is drawing to check the battery sizing the watt meter should do.

Just found out that the Watt meter holds the data as long as it has power from the battery this does everything I need.

Best,    DennisT
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:52:06 PM by Dennis Toth »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here