News:

• April 19, 2024, 06:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rear Mounting of BadAss motors - excess shaft  (Read 883 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rear Mounting of BadAss motors - excess shaft
« on: September 09, 2022, 03:06:40 PM »
I am getting to the point of finishing the electric fuse for my take-a-part Barnstormer. I decided that I would use a rear mount for the BadAss 2320  860Kv motor. All fits fine but the BadAss motor has a shaft sticking out the end when rear mounting (it was set up from the factory as a front/rear mount). This would be fine except it extends into the fairly short battery (tank) area on the nose of the Barnstomer and hits the battery if a TP4S  2200mah pack is used. I may need this size pack for the larger ship as I don't think the HobbyShack 5S   1600mah will have enough reserve compared to the smaller Ringmaster that I have been using it in for the OTS pattern.

Question is what have others done with this motor shaft? I guess it could be cut but not sure if you need to remove it from the can to do that?

Best,     DennisT

Online pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Rear Mounting of BadAss motors - excess shaft
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 05:24:01 PM »
With AXI motors I have cut off the excess. Put the motor in a plastic bag, with just the shaft sticking out, and use a Dremel cut-off wheel.
I would do the same with a BadAss if required.
With rear mount be sure to put the included wheel collar on the shaft, don't rely on just the little circlip/e-clip to retain it.
MAAC 8177

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rear Mounting of BadAss motors - excess shaft
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 06:59:02 PM »
Pat,
Thanks for the baggie idea, I think that will protect the motor. Will do the cut after the collar.

Best,   DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here