Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Quick simple battery discharge method - any ideas?

(1/2) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Guys,
I find myself in a situation where I charged up packs the night before a planned flying session then in the morning found the weather closed out and no flying. The forecast now shows a blowout for the next week. This is the one thing I don't like about electric. You have to plan and charge then the weather has to cooperate. If timing goes wrong for a day or two you are still OK but a week or more can cause the pack to puff (you can get away with this a few times when the packs are new), so need to get them off full charge to preserve the life of the pack.

I want to discharge the packs but my charger takes way to long to get the job done. Anyone have a simple way to discharge packs to say 85% quickly?

Best,  DennisT

AMV:
Easy method of discharging a full pack in 5min 30s:
Connect to the model, press start, and hold on.

BONUS: all the shelves in the house will get dusted for free.

Cheers, H^^
-Andrey

Dave Rigotti:
Aokoda 150 watt discharger with 3D printed stand.  "Google it"

John Rist:
I have 3 of these units.  they work well.  However i made my own holder for the light bulbs.  Where did you get the printed stand?

Dennis Nunes:

--- Quote from: John Rist on January 19, 2024, 09:55:59 PM ---I have 3 of these units.  they work well.  However i made my own holder for the light bulbs.  Where did you get the printed stand?

--- End quote ---
Hi John,

I got mine on eBay at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/363569727770

Just be aware it does not come with the battery balancer/discharger unit, which is sold separately. This is just the holder or fixture only.

Dennis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version