News:

• May 17, 2024, 03:31:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quick Question on Mah used...  (Read 423 times)

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Quick Question on Mah used...
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
Hi All,
 Really simple question (I hope).  ::)

When recording your Mah used do you do this by a full charge after a flight before returning the cell to storage state or is it acceptable to keep track of your usage by "Store charging" then adding the mah consumed to bring the pack back to 100% before going flying the next time? I tend to recharge to 50% [ Using my Hyperion EOS 1210i ] at the end of a days flying and then charge fully the evening before I plan to fly again.

I'm finding the figures I get if I charge fully (To get another flight in) vary by 100mah (or more) compared to if I Store charge then top up before the next flying session.

It's more a curiosity question really, I tend to fly midweek and weekends during the summer months and running cells well into their 2nd seasons flying so I'm not seeing any issues or anything I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Quick Question on Mah used...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
My GT-A6 charger has a storage mode discharge that goes down to the nominal pack voltage of 3.7V per cell.  That is 14.8 for a 4S pack, etc.  Since at the end of the flight I usually am at or slightly above the nominal voltage I just leave it alone until the next time I fly.

I see see nothing wrong in the sequence you describe.  I would not expect the total mah IN over your 2-stage charging to duplicate what you would get in a single charge to completion - nor is that a problem.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Quick Question on Mah used...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 05:05:35 PM »
Thanks Dennis,
 I appreciate the confirmation. I just wanted to be 100% sure I was doing basically the same as everyone else. ECL is still a lonely life over here in the UK and you guys are my only source of answers. But having said that speaking with a few UK fliers who went over to the Euro's I think Igor may have finally got the ball rolling.  y1

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here