News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pushy Galore, IC to Electric, Bi-Plane. Build Continues!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Pushy Galore, IC to Electric, Bi-Plane. Build Continues!
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:22:24 AM »
Over at CFC Graphics vendor's corner, I'm continuing the Pushy Galore Bi-Plane Build. It's been awhile.

Here's the link:

https://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/pushy-galore-biplane-stund-design-issues/

I hope it works?  n~

Pushy Galore is an unusual Bi-Plane and a real "pusher," in that the prop is actually behind the motor. An interesting design using interesting construction methods.

Here's the framed model. Check out the Build photos!!
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
Re: Pushy Galore, IC to Electric, Bi-Plane. Build Continues!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 08:46:25 AM »
It will work. Just remember the immortal words of Fred Noonan, "Don't worry Amelia we will find the island".
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:46:50 AM »
It will work. Just remember the immortal words of Fred Noonan, "Don't worry Amelia we will find the island".

It will work and work well.

It's a proven design in R/C and has been for a number of years. Many models have been built. It's also an EAA design. This is where the R/C guys got it. The guy who designed the actual aircraft is in the process of building the full size aircraft. 

Far as I know, I'm the first one to take this proven design and do mods for CL. It's a complicated design.

An R/C design would have been easier. Maybe the next one. ;D

I might do the post Build right here.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:41:51 AM by Avaiojet »
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 05:55:18 PM »
It will work and work well.

It's a proven design in R/C and has been for a number of years. Many models have been built. It's also an EAA design. This is where the R/C guys got it. The guy who designed the actual aircraft is in the process of building the full size aircraft. 

Far as I know, I'm the first one to take this proven design and do mods for CL. It's a complicated design.

An R/C design would have been easier. Maybe the next one. ;D

I might do the post Build right here.

I have been looking at this "design" and have a few questions and a comment;

1) What other R/C designs have there been with this configuration? I have been reading model magazines my entire life and do not recall anything like this in the form of a published design with plans. Can you provide the models you are referring to?

2) I have been an aviation enthusiast my whole life, and have an extensive library of books and publications, including an almost complete collection of Sport Aviation. I have been to Oshkosh 16 times and spent many hours in their museum, and do not recall ever seeing anything similar to this. The only thing similar is a delta wing configuration that was raced at Reno in the Formula One class, by a gentleman named Jim Miller, I think but may be wrong, which had the name that you copied for this design.

And a comment is, this is not a biplane, unless you have another wing that you are going to tack on at some point. There is a specific definition for what constitutes a biplane and you should look it up. For instance, some think a Neuport 17 is a biplane, but in fact is considered a sesquiplane.

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »
One and a half wings..... thanks Dan had forgot

as relates to this experiment...yet again we will wait for a in flight video....not trolling Charles....just a many year learned observation.....

A flight proven SV 11 ARF with proper engine can be had for under $300...just sayin
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone remembers my "Jet Cockpit" build, well, I incorporated it into this design. Here's a link for anyone interested in viewing the jet cockpit build:

https://stunthanger.com/smf/cfc-graphics/jet-cockpit-scratch-built!/

Pays to hang on to old projects, they could come in handy.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
A few more shots.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »
For your viewing pleasure.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here