News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CC Castle Link program - lose connector  (Read 661 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
CC Castle Link program - lose connector
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:38:28 PM »
Guys,

I recently had a problem getting my CC Phoenix 45 ESC taking re-programing with the CC Castle Link program. The problem was that the connector was not making a solid connection. The Castle Link program would launch and recognize the Ph 45 ESC and display the settings. I would change the rpm (I run set rpm) and click update and it would send the update. Problem was it was not be received by the ESC because the connector had one of the three prongs that didn't make solid contact. After a test run, I decided that I needed to lower the rpm. When I plugged in the system it came up but I noticed that while I was holding the connector the "green" LED was blinking, when I released the connector onto the table it stopped blinking. So I did and update this time holding the connector with the green LED blinking - result was it took the update. I then made a small adjustment to the center prong on the connector to get more tension and checked again it now is working fine. Lesson learned - make sure the contacts are clean and tight and the LED is blinking when sending updates to the CC ESC with Castle Link.

Best,             DennisT 

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: CC Castle Link program - lose connector
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:35:18 AM »
Guys,
After four weeks of high winds here in south FL we got a flyable day last Saturday and I got a chance to smoke test the re-programed CC45 ESC. Bottom line - it worked fine, hit the same settings, lap time as before. As long as the green LED is blinking it is transferring data - something to look for when making changes to the ESC program setting.

Best,    DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here