News:

• April 18, 2024, 05:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Props, line tension and amps  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Props, line tension and amps
« on: November 21, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »
Guys,
I've been working on the trim for my E Stuka and have been working with props to get lap time similar to what it flew with the IC power. I have an SK 3542 -1000 motor with a TP 2100 4S1P pack. I have been working with a MAS 3 blade 9x7 Pusher, set at 9100 rpm drawing 20 Amps. This setup give a lap time on 58' center to center of 4.8 sec. with a flight time of 5:20. Now the line tension is very good in level flight but up top it gets light. Looking at some of the setups posted in this forum looks like others have used larger 11 to 12" diameters getting similar flight times and amp draw but at lower rpm and lap time. Question - does the bigger prop at the slower rpm and lap time pull through the wind and up top better?

Best,             DennisT

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
Re: Props, line tension and amps
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
Dennis if your line tension is good in level flight and you are using a pusher prop, you can true moving the leadouts forward, the pusher prop. should torque out.
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Props, line tension and amps
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »
Larry,
Tried that and it did make any difference up top, maybe I need to move them back a bit. Original position was just about on the CG.

Best,         DennisT

Advertise Here
Tags: trim 

Advertise Here