News:

• June 05, 2024, 07:40:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PROGRAMMING  (Read 456 times)

Offline DON BERRY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
PROGRAMMING
« on: March 29, 2011, 08:57:51 PM »
 ??? How do I program my ESC and how do I know how much my battery has discharged? n~ :P ::)

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
Re: PROGRAMMING
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »
Don,

Programming instructions usually come with your ESC. If that is not the case, you will need to get them from the manufacturer, the vendor or sometimes they are posted on the WEB. If you have the information about who made the ESC and what model it is, you might post a question on this forum and especially on RC forums and someone will likely be able to give you the information you need. What I'm saying is that different ESCs have different methods for programming so no body can tell you how to program your ESC unless they know exactly what ESC you have.

As far as battery discharge goes, a good charger will tell you how many mah were returned to the battery during the recharge and that is how much you have discharged the battery. Also, many chargers will estimate the % of discharge as they start to do the recharge (likely not as accurate as the report of how many mah were need to fully recharge the battery).

Hope this helps.

John
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:39:12 PM »
??? How do I program my ESC and how do I know how much my battery has discharged? n~ :P ::)

easiest thing to do is get a Castle Creations ESC - phoenix 45 or Ice Lite 50 - and programme it using the USB programmer cable -(that you need to buty seperately)  - have a look at Norm Wittles "Cookbook" at the top of the page - these will give you a great baseline - depending on what motor etc you are running.

Batteries usage - you can do as per Johns post - the charger will tell you exactly what went back in - or you can use a data logger durig flight - and that will give you an indication of what you are using - the Ice Lite 50 has a built in data logger and can give this info - the most accurate would be a good balance charger tho.......

In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline DON BERRY

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
 H^^Thanks.  That will get me started.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here