Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Profile motor mounts

(1/4) > >>

Leester:
Can you guys that have'em show how you mount the motors in profiles. What about cowl cheeks, yes-no ?? Size of nose doublers, all the different stuff you'd do from a glow set up. Thanks

John Cralley:
Lee,

Here is how I do it on my profile Ringmasters. I place a vertical rock hard maple mount at the front of the fuselage. This mount has been drilled and a pair of blind nuts have been installed for 4-40 screws. I then fabricate a plywood X mount to receive the aluminum X mount of my outrunner motor. The plywood X mount is attached to the maple motor mount rail with two 4-40 screws and the motor is attached to the plywood X mount with four appropriate sized screws. No cowl cheeks. Doublers are 1/16" plywood.

Leester:
Thanks John thats a cool way of doing it. How about a pic with everything in place, this really helps out.

Alan Hahn:
Lee,
If you look at my Super CLown review, you can see the other way to mount, using the nose ring of the plane. I'm not sure if there is an advantage for either mounting scheme---both seem to work. Just important to make sure the mount stays in place!

John Cralley:
Lee,

Here are a couple of shots. The plywood X motor mount is painted black. The timer is mounted inboard and the ESC outboard. The battery is partially buried in the wing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version