Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

Predator Prototype

<< < (2/8) > >>

builditright:
Rather than flood this post with too many pictures, so..
let me jump to the leading edge mold which is the part
that I used two different types of materials

Here I used thick styrofoam and at the wingtip end of the
one mold I used thick insulation. I got this stuff from Lowes.
It came in a 4'x8' sheet and has an outer layer that I stripped
off the foam. 

I think this stuff was actually the easiest to work with when
considering that I don't have a foam cutter.

John A Miller:
Walter, it appears that you're doing a super job. Especially as I believe, you are doing a lot of the CAD work these days. Keep up with your usual excellent work on the Prededator.

builditright:
Here are some views of the T.E. parts and assembly

builditright:
More on the T.E.

builditright:

--- Quote from: Motorman on September 02, 2019, 06:05:50 PM ---When I buy the kit will it have molded parts or will I have to carve the bucks from templates in the kit. I'm trying to understand what the end user has to do.

I have carved my own bucks for a leading edge sheeting just like you're doing and, as you may already know, you have to be very careful not to get the sanding board sideways and create a scoop. Mine came out ok but it was tedious work.

Thanks,
Motorman

--- End quote ---

Hi MM,

You are right; it has been somewhat tedious making the completed bucks for the molds but then again it is my 1st time making them, but then again I did not have instructions to go by. Now I do believe that I have learned a lot already by just doing them. I used a longboard sanding block plus some long thick pieces of wood as sanding blocks, so I am hoping the finished molded parts will be okay.

As far as me pre-making (molding) the parts, I am sorry to say that I don't plan to include the parts pre-molded. My thoughts here are mainly cost effectiveness because I think it would take an awful lot time on my end to make them for each kit, plus it would take a bigger or even a separate box and then a bunch of protection to prevent them from getting damaged in transit plus, there would obviously be extra postage, so basically I am not planning to pre-mold the parts for these reasons.

Because I have to still figure out what the overall cost of the kit is going to be I have not decided if I am going to include the molds with the kit or offer them as an add-on to the kit.

I hope this post doesn't change your mind about getting a kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version