News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:31:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Predator Prototype.. Coming Real Soon!  (Read 963 times)

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
Predator Prototype.. Coming Real Soon!
« on: July 23, 2019, 01:22:22 AM »
Okay guys and gals,

The time is here for me to start my first build in the new shop. But let me start by saying that this build will be a new kit prototype.

I would like to say that a few years ago I had the honor of receiving permissions from Paul Walker to make a kit of his awesome electric powered Predator, but unfortunately as most of you know that I had some health issues during the past few years which caused several of my projects to be put on hold for a few years.

Now fortunately for me I was blessed with some pretty patient and understanding people, so I am glad to say that we did continue very slowly behind the scenes with some of these different projects by continuing to work on the CAD drawings and we now believe that all plan corrections for the future Predator kit has met with Paul's final approvals so that we can start to move forward at full speed.

Okay, that being said, I am about to start the Predator kit prototype.  I know many of you will also be pleased to know that I will be building the prototype and will be posting photos as I build from start to construction finish and as usual with all of my kit prototypes, I am also open to offering the prototype to anyone interested in purchasing it. Price to be determined.

P.S. we do have several names on a waiting list but since it has been such a long time waiting, we ask that anyone that wants a Predator kit please reconfirm your request.

**There is currently not a price but fear not I will have one figured out by the time the prototype is all framed up.

**There will also be a “non refundable” deposit required before any kit is made. I am truly sorry but I have had some modelers fail to complete their purchases after their kit was made for them and while I am sorry, I just can’t have that any more.

If still interested in getting an electric powered Predator kit, please send all reconfirmation emails to: builtrightflyright@builtrightflyright.com

Photos to come...  :)

In the meantime, here is Paul's Predator that we are making the kit from. Photos by P.W.

edit: Re-added photos of Paul's model.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 05:30:05 PM by builditright »
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline TDM

• Captain
Re: Predator Prototype.. Coming Real Soon!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 06:27:34 AM »
I was kitting a glider and got 80 commitments. I have invested a few thousand dollars to make them. After that only 25 of those commitments came through and I got stunk with the expense. If anyone can understand what you go thorough it is myself so whoever thinks you are not right to do that think again. You are doing the right thing.
Predator should be a solid flying machine. Make sure a initial setup is mentioned like lead out position CG position rudder offset motor offset etc so if someone builds to those numbers should have a model flying right off the bench. I am sure Paul can share that information.
Good luck with the kit. Take care of your health.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 01:19:46 PM »
That nonrefundable is a good idea.  Will follow the project as it goes along. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 08:39:04 PM »
This is intriguing!  S?P D>K
Matt Colan

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »
Ty,

I enjoyed your company, thank you..
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here