News:

• May 05, 2024, 05:04:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Source for 3 Bladed Spinners  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Vincent Judd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Source for 3 Bladed Spinners
« on: April 22, 2016, 12:41:02 PM »
Does anyone know who makes three bladed spinners?  I've tried doing some searches, not coming up with much.  I've looked at some of the Tru Turn stuff, not sure it's going to work, plus it's rather expensive.

Thanks

Vince

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Source for 3 Bladed Spinners
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »
Do a search on "3-blade" on the Tower Hobbies website and then follow your nose.  You have a choice between way expensive Tru-Turn or way cheap DuBro -- take your pick.

I can't remember if it's Tru-Turn or not, but if I recall correctly one of the spinner companies will custom-make cutouts.  Please please don't ask me who -- I just remember reading it in a posting here.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »
Such?

White or carbon and 1 3/4 or 50mm available.

lightweight composite, mounted by central 3mm screw

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
Mike

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 02:55:03 PM »
I'd just print one.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 03:05:55 PM »
I get all my spinners from Tru Turn. They now offer lightened backplates. Solid if you need a bit of weight up front. Might be a tad more costly, but IMHO, worth it.

Yes, they will custom cut for a prop. Results are cleaner.

Both these models are sporting Tru Turn Spinners. My Stuka will also get a Tru Turn three blade.

http://www.cfcgraphics.com/tru-turn.html

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Vincent Judd

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 07:43:08 AM »
Such?

White or carbon and 1 3/4 or 50mm available.

lightweight composite, mounted by central 3mm screw

Igor, can you please provide cost and ordering information?  I would be interested in a white 1 3/4" spinner.

Thank you

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:15:49 AM »
Do a search on "3-blade" on the Tower Hobbies website and then follow your nose.  You have a choice between way expensive Tru-Turn or way cheap DuBro -- take your pick.

I can't remember if it's Tru-Turn or not, but if I recall correctly one of the spinner companies will custom-make cutouts.  Please please don't ask me who -- I just remember reading it in a posting here.

You are correct in your recollection sir. If you mail your prop to tru-turn, they will take an existing product and cut it for your prop. They also sell the blanks if you like cutting them yourself. If you send them your Prop and they have an existing product that fits with no modification, they let you know, and don't charge any extra weird fees. I call ahead before i mail stuff to them, of course.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here