News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:39:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Power check with the new CC Firmware - full throttle load floats  (Read 735 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Guys,

In an effort to reduce amp load on my setup with the AXI 2820/8 & A123 3s2p batteries I wanted to try adjusting the rpm up to better match the kV of the motor and hopefully shave off a few amps giving me a little cushion on the flight time. I set the Ztron time to the default setting and thought that I would then try several different props and pitches to establish the full throttle rpm of these props. The thought was to then match the highest rpm lowest amp draw to the pitch that will give the needed 5.0 lap time.

The first set up I ran with the old firmware (no brake in gov) worked well with a 4 3/4" pitch and 8800 rpm (@ 24% throttle in governor mode), pulled about 52 amps static. When I loaded the new CC firmware the same set up ran at 8600 rpm and I had to increase the pitch to 5 3/4" to hold the lap time.  I started to test were this prop would be if at 100% throttle. I reset the Ztron to default mode (but not the CC45 ESC), well at this point things got confusing. I fully expected the rpm to increase to over 9500 and the amps to be over 60. Well it kinda did but as I let the motor run to stabilize it started to drop current! Usually the current increase a bit from cold. This was the first time I had this happen. I tried a few other props of smaller diameter and same thing. Thinking about it, I think the governor is trying to do something that the old firmware didn't do. I will try and go out of governor mode and test tonight. Has anyone seen this?

Alan Hahn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Power check with the new CC Firmware - full throttle load floats
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »
I am not positive I understand your situation, but here goes. #^
I assume you are still running in high (or low) governor mode on your CC ESC---not the rpm mode. So when you adjust the Ztron to give a ~2ms output pulse (aka "Full Throttle"), the ESC will go to the maximum rpm it supports in that governor mode. As far as I know, this may not actually be "full" throttle from the motor or ESC point of view since the low and high modes had ranges it would support and those ranges may not include full throttle.

But I do assume you did get a higher rpm. As far as the current dropping, this would only be consistent (I think) with the battery voltage also dropping, and also the rpm dropping from the value you started with. You don't say the rpm dropped, but I have to believe it did!

Advertise Here
Tags: Firmware  CC  ESC 

Advertise Here