News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: possible 1/2 esc?  (Read 714 times)

Offline jim gilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
possible 1/2 esc?
« on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »
Looking on ebay i've found this POWER UP 10 Amp ESC Brushless Motor Speed Control atv18.00 with 2.00 for ship and handlind I'm wondering if this is a viable esc and would work with the simple timers I think Will Hubrin has avalible ? I hope I'm spelling and getting the name right.
jim gilmore

william

Re: possible 1/2 esc?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »
I've been using and testing two of Will's Timers for a few months now. I know they work really well with the dynam/jeti esc's. This is one that I tried it with http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4460. I really like the way they work with the Pheonex controllers but they cost more. I am using the pheonex on my p-40 and banshee with his timers. Just out of curiosity What motor,prop,battery, plane do you plan on using this setup on?

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
Re: possible 1/2A esc?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
Ok, that is a little bigger than I need. . But looking there found me this one Mystery BEC ESC for Brushless Motors (2601-10A FM10A 6~12V) for under 13 bucks. I plan to build my own motor from the gobrushless motors site. i'm looking for 6" or smaller props possible 3 or 4 blades. Of course all I build is half A.  Batteries I'm looking at are 2s730 or 3s480 at this time.
And i'm trying to do it as cheap as possible.
Design i'm still working on though my design will depend on all the components first.
Some where around 200 sq 28-30"wing.

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
Jim I also am using Will Hubin's timer , I have 2 of them and it vary easy to use and adjust for speed, flight time and idle time. with a handy button to start.
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »
I second Larry's opinion of Will's timers. I have two and they work fine --- of course I am only into sport control line flying at this time. You need to let him know what ESC you are going to use so that he can setup the timer accordingly. Good luck and keep us posted as to how your setup works out.

John
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

william

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:05:14 AM »
Jim,
I know the Dynam is more than you need but if you look at the weight of the 2 , .88oz. for the dynam and .85oz. for the Mystery I would use the Dynam as the difference in weight is negligible and that controler is proven. Its about $1.00 more but at least you will know it will work the first time and Will is familiar with those so it will make it easier for him. Remember the biggest drawback if you order from dealexteme is it can take anywhere from 7-28 days to get to you. There are vendors on RCGroups.com that also sell these for a few dollars more with reasonable shipping charges if ou need one sooner.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here