News:

• May 31, 2024, 10:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Next its Futaba motors  (Read 598 times)

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Next its Futaba motors
« on: May 13, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
More news from MOBA.  First it was OS, and now its Futaba's turn

http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/motor/

Unlike OS Futaba has a lot of background in electronics.  This keeps getting better.  Who's next?  Saito with a 4-stroke outrunner???

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
Re: Next its Futaba motors
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:28:04 AM »

Following the same analogy as with OS, Futaba will start making bellcranks. L

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:38:59 AM »

Following the same analogy as with OS, Futaba will start making bellcranks. L

LL~  LL~   LL~  LL~

Maybe an electronic style bellcrank like Kim D was showing off last year!   8)

All seriousness aside, the ESC's they show have a programming card, the motor is BIG, but it could be the beginning of a broader product offering?
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 12:32:55 PM »
I just think Futaba and O.S. see the future the same way Supertiger does "Electric".  The more I fly electric the more I really don't want to fly gas.  Plus I can go to the park and fly and people stop to watch and complement us not complain about us.  I look forward to hearing how these new motors perform and how much they cost.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:41:42 PM »
Just curious, Futaba seems to have a more comprehensive and integrated approach to their electric program. How do you guys feel about that, and would that sway you to purchase Futaba as opposed to the other newer product offerings?
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
I think this integrated approach is in line with what Eric Rule and John Brodak are doing with their turn key systems.  I believe this acknowledges the fact that most fliers are not electrical engineers and don't want to do the research and testing to come up with a system that works.  Let someone else spend the money, do the testing and produce a complete working system.  I had a career in electronics and I still spent a fair amount of time and money coming up with workable systems. Oh ya, and thank heaven for Dennis Adimisin, without his help I would have spent a lot more money and a lot more time!
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
Amen to Dennis Adamisin. He saved me from alot of trial and tribulation. My hat goes off to Dean Pappas also. And last but not least Will Hubin for his work in designing and producing a workable timer that brings it all together.
                                          Bob H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here