News:

• May 23, 2024, 07:16:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 New "Universal" Mounting Systems.  (Read 815 times)

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
2 New "Universal" Mounting Systems.
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:15:29 PM »
Brodak is now offering two new "Universal" electric mount systems designed to help convert an IC design to a firewall mount with a battery tray for electric systems:

BH-1943: UNIVERSAL “A” ELECTRIC CONVERSION MOUNT
This mounting system is designed to be used in a model that has a 2” wide inside dimension to the full fuselage.  This corresponds to just about every 35-40 sized model from Brodak or from other sources.  The Electric Conversion system revises the fuselage construction to a firewall mount with a battery tray and a top access hatch.  It works with any of the Brodak Arrowind 28xx motors, or similar sized motors from other vendors. It is designed to mount the motor on the front of the firewall so it can be used with the small X-mounts used with other brand motors.  If you are using an Arrowind with the large X-Mount, you could conceiveably modify this mount to a through the firewall style.  THis mount is shown in the pix below going into an Ares fuselage.

BH-1944: UNIVERSAL “B” ELECTRIC CONVERSION MOUNT
This mounting system is designed to be used in a model that has a 2.25” wide inside dimension to the full fuselage.  This corresponds to larger models designed for big block 45-75 sized model from Brodak or from other sources.  The Electric Conversion system revises the fuselage construction to a firewall mount with a battery tray and a top access hatch.  It works with any of the Brodak Arrowind 35xx motors or other similar sized motors.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: 2 New "Universal" Mounting Systems.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:35 PM »
More stuff for electric!   y1 y1 y1
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 10:05:28 AM »
Dennis,I picked up V40 conversion kit at Brodak.Nice stuff!! I did not see these 2 in the store,are they available yet?
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 12:02:37 PM »
The photo shows "rear" mounting for the motor.  The experts prefer front mounting for outrunner motors, which ( in theory) prevents gyroscopic forces from putting too much stress on the ball bearings.

I've been flying electrics for several years.  All my outrunner motors use rear mount, mostly because it is easier to build that way.  All my motors are still going strong.

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
Dennis,
 You living in an apartment away from home is really helping the electric revolution with your think tank innovations. Aw heck you'd do the same stuff living in Michigan and we would see you more.Sure did miss you at Brodaks Fly In this year. Hope you make it to the Michigan contest in August.

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:28:52 PM »
Thanks everybody.  These are all late for this building season but in plenty of time for the next.  I'm happy John B is willing & eager to make them available.

Trax: These kits are just now being introduced, there were not available at the Fly-In

Floyd: even a lot of the experts are using rear mounts.  As you noted structurally they are a LOT easier!  I am not sure that front mount has any advantage with 11" props or smaller, and 13" are probably best with a double ended mount like Crist uses.

Bob: Thanks for kind words - but this life style.... STINKS!  I finally got to fly some yesterday, have lots of new birds that have to be trimmed-out.  HOPE to make the Detroit meet, & FCM
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here