News:

• May 06, 2024, 07:39:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phoenix 45 Question.  (Read 540 times)

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Phoenix 45 Question.
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:36:27 AM »
Hi All,
 I've just bought a Phoenix 45 off Ebay, It was an impulse buy, don't really need another one but right price and a speculative bid found me as it's new owner. At least that's my excuse.  ::)

Anyway.... I can't get the firmware to update past V1.56 so no control line governor mode etc.

So, is this a particularly old Phoenix 45. Is there a hardware version prior to which the Control Line mode is not available?

The component layout is certainly different to the other Phoenix 45's I have.

If so I guess I'll have to set RPM etc using a good old Tach and adjust one of my JMP timers to use just with this controller.

I could shoot a mail off to CC to ask this but figured the wealth of knowledge on here would probably get me an answer more quickly.

Thanks in advance

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Alan Hahn

Re: Phoenix 45 Question.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
Probably best to ask CC. They have a forum over on RCGroups.

I think I have heard that they have been changing the chip they use for processing---as more processing and memory become available.

What you may be missing with that software is just the brake feature and set rpm mode.

In the days before the CL governor, most of us used normal helicopter governor mode. It worked ok. The only issue is when the timer stops, the freewheeling prop slows the plane down pretty fast, so no long drawn out glide.

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:32:10 PM »
Thanks Alan,
 I've never used the Heli Governor mode. I didn't get started with CL until the 1st version with the CL option had already been released so I'm not familiar with it's operation. I'll trawl the threads and see if anyone has posted their settings in an old thread somewhere to try to familiarise myself with how it works.

Meanwhile I've asked on R/C Groups so I'll see if they confirm my worst suspicions....

Thanks

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
FWIW, rev 1.23 will let you use brake with the heli governor mode, but the governor mode is not as good.
This from Joe Ford at Castle back in 2006 when i asked about adding brake to governor mode. I guess Bob Hunt was more convincing than I was. :)
Never tried it myself.

Pat MacKenzie
MAAC 8177

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here