News:

• May 30, 2024, 09:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phase out of nitro engines  (Read 449 times)

Offline Roger Anderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Phase out of nitro engines
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »
All three of us Anderson guys here in sunny California are becomming spoiled flying electric control line.  I flew one of my nitro powered planes yesterday and it was a lot of work as well as being all gooie when I was through flying and had to be cleaned up.  As usual the nitro plane flew well but wasn't quite up to par with my electric planes.  Our youngest brother Ron has given up nitro completely and is selling out his nitro stuff.  There just seems to be so many advantages to electric flight such as consistancy, less support gear needed, much cleaner.  I'm not so sure that I may not be placing my nito equipment on the block before long as well.  Brother Gary is also an electric believer now that he has his Strega converted and his Stilleto going strong.  Just can't beat those consistant flights.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Roger Anderson

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Phase out of nitro engines
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
I hear ya!  Completed what may prove to be my last IC bird in 2007.  ALl the new stuff is electric, in szes from -020 equivalent thru 65 size.  I hesitate to say "never" but there are NO plans for ever building an IC bird again.  I even took on converting a bird I built for a McCoy 40 back in 1970.  Got hopes for converting another bird I flew at the 1974 NATs...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dean Pappas

• Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »
Rabble rousers!
That's what you E-Stunt guys are ... LL~
Regards,
Dean P.
Dean Pappas

Offline John Witt

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:53:05 PM »
Me too, only I don't have any wet setups.  When I restarted playing with Ukies last year, one of the main drivers was the availability of electric power. Probably wouldn't have done it if I had to mess with engines again.

I'm keeping a Fox 35 in case civilization collapses and all the electric power goes away.  I could run the Fox on alcohol from my backyard still. Not sure where I'd get the other ingredients.   S?P  LL~

John W
John Witt
AMA 19892
Edmonds, WA
"Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here