News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Outrunners with 3 bearings  (Read 778 times)

Offline Will Moore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Outrunners with 3 bearings
« on: May 27, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
Had a nice fun fly at Wrentham, MA this past weekend, with NEST friends. Good turnout. I have been away for 3 plus years, in Florida, and came back to New England for various personal reasons. A fellow flyer asked me what outrunners had 3 bearings. I use Plettenburg, which have 3 bearings, but they are expensive. Are there others, that might not be so costly? What’s the word on the street ?
Things take longer to happen than you think they will,

Then they happen much faster than you thought they could.
 AMA # 209

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
Re: Outrunners with 3 bearings
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 11:19:53 PM »
Had a nice fun fly at Wrentham, MA this past weekend, with NEST friends. Good turnout. I have been away for 3 plus years, in Florida, and came back to New England for various personal reasons. A fellow flyer asked me what outrunners had 3 bearings. I use Plettenburg, which have 3 bearings, but they are expensive. Are there others, that might not be so costly? What’s the word on the street ?

Yes, for example long motors AXI 2830 and 2835 have the same system.

And to explain Chris - those cobra motors as well as AXI 2826 have number of bearing (count of pieces) 3, but in reality shaft is supported only on 2 places anyway. The bearing inside the rotor cannot have large diameter because of eddy current from rotating magnetic field and not too much space there, so solution is small doubled bearing. The same trick is used on "long" type of AXI motors like AXI 2826 "long" which is good for thin noses of hotliners so also front of that motor has 2 small bearings instead of one large because of small diameter of its front part.

In case of AXI 2830 long and 2835 long there are 5 bearings - 2 small in front 2 small inside and one large thin ring bearing on front of long rotor to prevent oscillation and risk of contact magnets with stator.  The same is used on Plettenbergs.

Gray color on following picture shows 5 bearings on 3 supporting places (AXI 2830 and 2835 long version)

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:06:57 AM »
I'm sure that brushless motors progress is currently driven by the drone industry. Due to the high demand for drones, brushless motors are being developed more and more efficient. Cobra motors are no exception. Also the T-Motor is constantly improving its motors line. And look at this motor - why not the perfect candidate for CL stunt:

https://www.brotherhobbystore.com/tornado-t7-4215-motor-p0038.html

Regards,
Vitalis P.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here