News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: on/off swith  (Read 1177 times)

Offline fernando torres

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
on/off swith
« on: February 03, 2007, 03:31:37 PM »
Is it possible to add a remote to the on/off switch without adding too much weight? I am  thinking of stooge-less solo flight.
fet
FET

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
Re: on/off swith
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:07:48 PM »
Fernando,
   Yes you can make the On/Off switch controlled by a radio.

An easier (cheaper and lighter) solution would be to use a timer with a delayed start like the Z-Tron or JMP.

I have heard this question several times, but I would never do it myself. I am to afraid of something going wrong with nobody holding the plane. I always picture the wheel snagging something and turning the plane in at you, or the torque of the motor startup yawing the plane in. A stooge is so simple it is cheap insurance.

On the other hand Linheart Smith flys with no stooge and a delayed start. It works for him, but I wouldn't risk it. Maybe he will add his input. 

Alan Hahn

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »
Fernando,
I second Mike's warning not to do this. I don't know about you, but I can easily believe that I could get distracted walking out to the handle--for example, maybe the safety thong loop isn't setup just right, and before you realize it, there it goes. Electric flight is really different in ways that you don't at first realize. Once you hook that battery up, the system is live. There are a lot of safety interlocks, but I am sure I can find some way to defeat them  HB~>

Offline linheart smith

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 06:08:42 AM »
Use a stooge with your Electric.

I have about 125 takeoffs Without a stooge or helper on the Bearcat.  BUT,  I have been lucky 125 times.  This season, I will start using my trusty 35 year old Stooge when I do not have a helper. 

Do You think I need a new string?

Linheart

linheart

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »
Use a stooge with your Electric.

I have about 125 takeoffs Without a stooge or helper on the Bearcat.  BUT,  I have been lucky 125 times.  This season, I will start using my trusty 35 year old Stooge when I do not have a helper. 

Do You think I need a new string?

Linheart

Whats all that greasy stuff on your stooge?  ;)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here