News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:11:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Control Line related but technology relevant.  (Read 365 times)

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Not Control Line related but technology relevant.
« on: December 23, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »
Hi All,
 After a visit to Scotland recently and a few rather over ambitious cycle rides I've come to the conclusion my Hip is no longer up to the hills so have purchased an electric mountain bike to give me a bit of relief for the steep sections.

Does anyone know the state Lion batteries should be stored during long (Winter) periods of inactivity?

I know Igor used to use A123 cells in the dim and distant past and I believe those are Lion cells?

Just a shot in the dark but I figure with the wealth of knowledge here someone might know.  y1

Thanks in advance

TTFN
John.

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline Bob Hudak

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Not Control Line related but technology relevant.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:19:37 PM »
50%. If, for example your bike uses a 10000mah(or 10ah) battery then you would want to store it at 5000mah. Hope this helps.
Bob

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:19:57 PM »
Just a guess, but if you have a charger with appropriate settings  for LiIon, it will have storage function for LiIon.  It should be in the 40 - 60% range, likely 50% as noted, but already selected for you by the manufacturer.
Fred

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 03:58:50 PM »
Thanks Guys. I figured it was going to be 50% due to their lithium base chemistry.

The charger that came with the bike isn't intelligent at all. (Although it does seem to at least switch off when fully charged). I do have a Hyperion EOS 1210i which does have A123 compatibility as my main charger for flying but I guess that isn't suitable for easy modifying.

At least knowing that 50% is what I should be aiming for helps a lot. I can rig up an inline connector to monitor the voltage.

Thanks again guys, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays (Or whatever you celebrate).

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here