News:

• May 04, 2024, 07:07:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Zigras timer speed setup  (Read 700 times)

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
New Zigras timer speed setup
« on: April 14, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »
Hi Guys

I have not used the new Zigras CL timer, yet .  and my friend who is trying to fly with it cannot set the start speed, and  cannot set the start time (delay before start). anyone run into this yet?
Are the new ones this differant?

Regards
randy

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
Re: New Zigras timer speed setup
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »
Hi Randy,
   Programming the Z-Tron is really very simple. It is however easy to mess up if you have not done it before. If you are speaking of the V.3 (I assume you are) follow these directions.

To adjust the starting motor speed hold down the push button (PB) when the timer is initially powered up to enter programming mode. Set the dip switches to the parameter ID you want, in this case it is 1. Dip switch 1 ON all others OFF. Press and hold the PB for 1 to 2 seconds max. Then set the dip switches to the desired setting (ex. 25% dip switch 1, 4 and 5 ON all others OFF). Press and hold the PB again for 1 to 2 seconds max.

To program the motor start delay set the dip switches to the start delay parameter ID, dip switches 2 and 6 ON all other OFF. Then set dip switches for the desired delay. (ex. 20 seconds dip switch 2 ON all others OFF). Press and hold the PB again for 1 to 2 seconds max.

When finished programming one or all of the parameters disconnect the power and the settings will be saved. I found if you hold the PB to long (about 3 seconds or more) the changes you make will not be saved. If there is a problem with the timer contact Sergio and he will gladly correct the situation.

Mike   

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 11:57:07 AM »
HI Mike

Thanks for the info, we found the problem last night, has to be powered and hold the button down for the right amount of time :-)

Regards
Randy

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 07:51:47 AM »
Randy,

I have been working with the Ztron II timer on the A123 test ship (settings posted in that string) and one thing that you may find will cut down on frustration in setting it up is to do each setting separate. By this I mean to enter program mode then set for motor start (DIP 1 on all else off) then set the power level, shut off power then start again for motor end (DIP 2 on all else off) setting. I tried doing them one after the other but moving the DIP switches got things messed up so doing it one at a time gives a little time to think.

On my set up I found that to run in governor mode with the CC45 ESC and the AXI 2820/8, A123 pack at 10V, I needed to set the start and end throttle level to 24 (which is 48% in binary) to run at 8800 rpm with the 11 3/4 x 4 3/4 APC-E prop. I was surprised how low you had to go on this setting to get the governor to have control.

Best,  Dennis
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 07:52:29 AM by Dennis Toth »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here