News:

• May 19, 2024, 02:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New V.4 Z-Tron timer/sequencer  (Read 823 times)

Offline Mike Palko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
New V.4 Z-Tron timer/sequencer
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »
Hi Guys,
   Sergio's new V.4 Z-Tron timer will be available the first week of May from Bob Selman at www.bsdmicrorc.com or Windy at www.windyurtnowski.com at a cost of $49.00. The new timer has the following improvements/features.

1) Now holds 0% throttle for 5 seconds, ramps to 100% throttle and falls back to the preset flight RPM. 

2) Now includes a plug and play switch harness. You will no longer have to cut or solder anything to add a switch to the circuit. This switch ONLY cuts power to the timer, so an arming switch should still be used.

3) Now has right angle (90 deg.) pins to allow for easier mounting.

4) Now has an "electronic needle valve". This is accomplished by using a large external pot with 24 graduations (.004mS resolution) per step. There is a single center detent used as a reference point. You set your desired flight speed with the dip switches as before(.02mS resolution) and use the "needle" to fine tune from there. 

5) All previous options (retracts, "end of tank" blips....) are still standard. The programming sequence also stayed the same.

5) Now has programmable "end of tank" blips

The timer now weighs 10g up from the previous 2g. Include the switch harness and you are up to 13g. Without the use of the switch harness the timer will operate just as the V.3 does. The same goes for the pot. Leave the pot positioned at the center detent and you can use just the dip switches for flight RPM adjustment. The pot will mount on a surface up to 3/16" thick. It is a smooth shaft which allows to you to modify it in any way (grind a flat, slot, use a knob...). For those who still prefer the V.3 it will be available for $30.00 from the same distributors.

I attached a few pictures along with the instructions.

Thanks for looking, Mike

« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 05:49:04 PM by Mike Palko »

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
Re: New V.4 Z-Tron timer/sequencer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »
For those who contacted me the V.4 timers are back in stock. Also, the "end of tank" blips are now programmable. I edited the original post to show this (in bold).

Thanks for looking, Mike

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »
For those who contacted me the V.4 timers are back in stock. Also, the "end of tank" blips are now programmable. I edited the original post to show this (in bold).

Thanks for looking, Mike

By back in stock, do you mean available thru you or some other source (like BSD micro or Windy) ?  Will be looking for a timer or four over the winter.

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »
Hi Mike,
   The V.4 timers are available thru myself. Windy and Bob have been very gracious and carried all of the previous Z-Tron timers until recently. The problem was their sites were rarely updated (they didn't list the V.4 as being available) and when asked they weren't able to answer questions (they were not expected to because they don't fly electric C/L), so I made the offer to Sergio to sell them myself. For the record they both still carry the V.3 for those who are interested.

Mike   

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here