Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

New small electric twin build thread

<< < (21/22) > >>

Dennis Toth:
Page,
Nice job, could you give a brief summary of the vail/Titebond method you use to attach the vail to the foam. Was it easer to stick down with the Titebond then with Nitra? How much weight did the Titebond add?

Best,   DennisT

Page Peterson:
I did it the same way Bob outlines in this thread. Adding veil is very easy with thinned down Titebond. The wing is small. The area without flaps is 425. Covering added 35 grams to the wing.

Brent Williams:
I had a chance to see Page's plane in person today.  Very nicely done!  It flies really well.  Page did a great job building this plane and the wiring is cleanly routed.

Bob Hunt:
Well it's been a while since I focused on finishing up this small test bed electric twin. The spirit hit me this past week and I made a lot of progress on it.

I'm posting some photos here of the Double Take just before the nacelles are attached. Actually the model is mounted to the nacelles, not the other way around. The nacelles are assembled on a fixture and are in the proper location relative to each other. The fixtures hold the nacelles above the layout table (a piece of 2 pound foam in this case). The model gets mounted to the nacelles and is lined up to insure that the center lines of the nacelles are in line with the center line of the airframe. The skew is also aligned at this point, and when everything is perfectly aligned, the nacelles are glued to the wing. There are hard points in the wing core onto which the nacelles rest. The aft end of the nacelles also extend past the basswood surface spars on the top and bottom for added strength.

The Double Take will be powered by two E-Flite Park 450 motors. It has a wing area of 538 square inches (with flaps installed...), and the projected weight all up will be around 40 to 45 ounces.

I'll keep you all informed as this project proceeds. It's on the fast track now...

Later - Bob Hunt

Bob Hunt:
Here's one more photo of the assembly...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version