News:

• May 12, 2024, 08:31:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New rule proposal for electric - see rules section  (Read 11177 times)

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: New rule proposal for electric - see rules section
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
"I fly electric for 3 years and have no sudden starting issues"

Unfortunatly you cannot 100% Guarentee that it will not re-fire. It also only takes 1 Incident, at most major contests I see lots of kids - helpers, runners and what not - it only takes 1 accident to imbed a plane into a childs head and the sport will be changed forever.

Take a look at what happened to Bob hunts model at the Nats with the Dust Devil, freak events be Natural or not can occur when we least expect it - lifted the model up and slammed it down.  

Things get moving so fast at local contests? I have never seen a contest run so fast that once the guy Lands - he doesnt have enough time to walk to the model and pull out the arming pin.

Even at the Nats there was sufficient time to allow the 15 seconds required to do this - anyone who tries to tell me they dont have 15 seconds is full of it.

Thats like saying " sorry officer I didnt have time to stop at that Red light "

Make time for safety.

IC guys: pay attention.  The electric guys who have checked in on the issue have stated that they are ALREADY do what the rule proposes.  Please do not presume to lecture me on what I am already doing, and will continue to do with or without a "rule".

As for the hysteria based presumptions that electrics are out to run amok, please get a grip...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:38:43 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
" As for the hysteria based presumptions that electrics are out to run amok, please get a grip..."

Maybe that can be the new safety slogan " Get a Grip........ of your arming pin "

H^^

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »
 8)
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
 LL~ LL~ y1
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »
My Drill Sergeant taught me that after you pull the pin and give it a toss you have 6 seconds!!! So much for hand launching!!  ;D  S?P
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Advertise Here
Tags: rules 

Advertise Here