Electric Stunt > Gettin all AMP'ed up!

New Excitation ship finished - A123 Battery, AXI2820-8

(1/4) > >>

Dennis Toth:
All,

Finally finished my new Excitation profile with AXI 2820-8, A123 3s2p battery, CC 45, Ztron III timer. Ship is 54" span, 595 sq in, 57oz, 64ft 0.015 lines. Motor run after new CC 2.0 firmware download was 8600 (was 8800 with 1.5 version). First several trim flights had 5.3 lap with an APC-E 11.5x5 @ 8600rpm. Increased prop pitch to 5 3/4 and lap time came in at 5.0. Have to do a small flap tweak to level the wings, inside flap is a tad low causing roll out upright and in inverted. May increase lines to 66' since the ship is solid on the 64'.

The new firmware works fine, the brake was set for high. It slows prop but does not completely stop unit model is almost on the ground. Pic's below.

Best,        Dennis

jfv:
Very clean setup.  I like how you handled the battery attachment.

Dennis Adamisin:
Dennis:
VERY nice squeeky clean set-up - way to go!  H^^

Keep us posted on flight trim progress and REAL WORLD expereince with the A123's.

Dennis Toth:
Guys,

Attached is a picture of the nose section that gives a little detail of the battery, switch, ESC and timer pockets. The fuses if hollow and I opened the front to provide cooling for the equipment but there is lots of wires stuffed in there.

In my 30 yrs of modeling a couple things I really hate - Flap Tweaking & Hinging. ECL has added a couple more to the list - Soldering Deans plugs and Routing Wiring!

I did the flap tweak last night, made up four pieces of 1/4" thick 2" squares to spread the load and put one set over each end of the flap horn and twisted - god I hate that, I'm always concerned it will pop through. Seems to have worked I hope to fly later in the week.

From the test flights so far the APC-E 11 3/4"x5 3/4" (cut down from a 12X6) running at 8600rpm hits the lap time right at 5.0 on 64' lines. I did test a few other props a Master Airscrew 11x6 - it just didn't bit like the APC-E, lap time was 5.6, and a TF power point 12x6 cut down to 11 1/2x6, it also fell short with a lap time of 5.4. I have some three blades I will test once I get the wings level.

Best,        Dennis

Alan Hahn:
Dennis,
Just a question--why don't you adjust the throttle to get your lap time instead of tweaking the prop? I find it works quite well.

With the new rpm mode on the CC ESC, you seem to be able to hit any rpm you want--only downside is that you need a laptop at the field if you want to change the rpm right then. In high governor mode, with the CC ESC, the rpm "clicks" were a couple hundred rpm/click on my JMP-2 timer and a 14 magnet motor (as I recall).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version