News:

• May 20, 2024, 04:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New E Force Project  (Read 723 times)

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
New E Force Project
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »
This plane was started with an LA46 in mind.  After flying Tom Morris' CavElier once, I was sold on the power delievery and the productive practice I could accomplish.  So I am converting this build to electirc.  My anticipated flying weight is Approximately 50 ozs.  I may beat this weight slightly, as I am not familiar with the total of the parts for the power system.  I am installing an AXI 2826-10 and plan to use a hyperion 2500 mah battery, hubin FM9 timer, and Castle Lite Ice 50 ESC.  I have built two previous Force's and never weighed the first one, but the second one weighed 38 ozs ready to fly.  Too light (sorry) for the wing area of 620 sqs., not the Primary Force

Any suggestions or guidence would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Zuriel
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: New E Force Project
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »
Good thing I have the zoom function in the computor.   Ya, shrunk the pics too much.  Looks great anyway. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Hi Zuriel,

Looks really good!!!!  #^ Of the four Force's I have built, they all came in around 45 to 48 ounces with dope finishes.  So I think your weight goal should be easy to hit.

Later,
Mikey

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the compliment.  this is my third Force and I love the view of the plane on the end of the lines.  I am making this one electric and will post pictures when it is done.

Thanks,
Zuriel
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Online Sina Goudarzi

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
May I ask you to post a close image of nose construction. I am in my third Force too and am planning to go electric.
thanx
sina
Sina

Offline Ward Van Duzer

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »
Zurial,

I built a flapped Force (way back when Mike gave me a plan on a cocktail napkin) based on a Chipmonk wing. What is your base wing? Span, fuse length...etc. Is there now a plan for this model?

Ward
I hate spelling errors, you mess up 2 letters and you are urined!

Don't hesitate to ask dumb questions.
They are easier to handle than dumb mistakes!  Ward-O AMA 6022

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »
Sina,

I do not have a good picture and have not completed the installation yet.  I will get some pictures very soon.

Ward,

I got my plans from PAMPA years ago.  55" wing 620 sq/in area.  No leading edge taper or sheeting.  I destroyed my first one with a poor soldering joint at Whittier Narrows in 2000 on it's third flight.  My second one lastged well over 300 flights and was still flying great until "I" hooked the lines up backwards.

Zuriel
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here